Get Ready for Bow Season - Tuscaloosa|Tournament Information 2014|Forum|Bow Hunters of Alabama

A A A
Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
Get Ready for Bow Season - Tuscaloosa
September 8, 2014
8:50 am
Guests

Tuscaloosa County Bowhunters invite all to join us on September 27 & 28 at The Archery Park in Northport to “Get Ready for Bow Season”! This will be an opportunity to get your equipment ready for bow season, shoot from “hunting situations” (elevated platform, blinds, sitting position, etc.), use Alabama legal hunting equipment (no speed limit, crossbows, etc.), get professional advice and help, enjoy great barbecue, and be eligible for DOOR PRIZES!
The emphasis for this shoot is to prepare for hunting season and to have a great time! 3-D targets will score 10 & 0 (10 for the “kill zone” and 0 for a “wounding shot or miss”….IF you want to score. Test your abilities to “pick your shots” to make a clean “kill”.
Bring the whole family! We will have Genesis bows available for the kids and new folks wanting to give archery a “shot”.
Sponsors will be at the shoot to show their support of bowhunting and archery and to show their wares.
I will post door prizes and sponsors on this thread as we approach our shoot date in Tuscaloosa.

September 8, 2014
5:08 pm
Alan Rickles
Guests

What classes are y’all gonna have standard bha or what

September 8, 2014
5:28 pm
Larry McAfee
Tuscaloosa/Northport, AL

Life Member
Forum Posts: 758
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Alan- no classes. This is a bowhunting setup using bowhunting equipment legal in Alabama. Bring what you want to have fun and to get ready for bow season.
The main attraction here will be fun, friends, sponsors, DOOR PRIZES, food and fellowship to end our 3-D season.
This will not be a competition unless you want to bet your buddy that you can outshoot him/her!!LaughWink
We’ll have a novelty shoot for the whole POT!Laugh

September 8, 2014
9:08 pm
Luke Kirkland

Forum Posts: 13

Is there a street address for us north zone r’s?

September 9, 2014
9:29 am
Larry McAfee
Tuscaloosa/Northport, AL

Life Member

Thanks, Luke! We would love to have a bunch of Northern Zone folks shoot with us!! A Southern Zone shooter took home a brand new Mathews bow last year!

13040 Eugenia Faucett Drive, Northport, AL
Coming into Tuscaloosa from Birmingham (I-59)- Exit Lurleen Wallace Blvd. (I-459) towards Tuscaloosa/Northport. Drive to McFarland Blvd. (Hwy. 82) and turn left.
Drive past Lowes (on left in Northport) and turn right on Rose Blvd. Drive until you see the sign for Faucett Bros. Activity Center on right (directional signs will be posted from Hwy 82). Turn right on Eugenia Faucett Drive and go through the entrance, all the way through the parking lot. The Archery Park is at the end.

Further info will be posted as we get closer to the shoot date. Stay tuned.Laugh

September 9, 2014
8:41 pm
Luke Kirkland

Forum Posts: 13

Thanks for the info, looking forward to joining yall for a weekend of fun.

September 18, 2014
4:09 pm
Larry McAfee
Tuscaloosa/Northport, AL

Life Member

Well, folks September 27 & 28 is coming up fast!
We have a lot of sponsors and DOOR PRIZES lined up for the weekend shoot: Tuscaloosa Chevrolet, Bama Buggy’s, Riverside Feed, Gander Mountain, Grabows Outdoors, New Breed Archery, Second Season Outdoors, Woods & Water Outdoors, Friday Lumber Co., ATM BowStrings, AGP Construction, Fayette Co-Op and Houndstooth Game Calls, to name a few!!

Shoot the Distant Dot and win ALL in the pot! A new pot begins when a dot is hit!…Ain’t that a novelty…….
Bring your hunting setup….minus broadheads, and see how well you are prepared for season.

Barbecue, snacks and drinks will be available through “Coupe De’ Grill”.
Plan on a great weekend with BHA friends and make new ones before deer season kicks in!Laugh

The following users say thank you to Larry McAfee for this useful post:

Larry Wood
September 20, 2014
10:57 am
Larry McAfee
Tuscaloosa/Northport, AL

Life Member

Great article by Robert DeWitt in todays The Tuscaloosa News!
Check it out…
http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/…..ng-season-

Hope to see all my BHA friends at our last shoot!!

September 21, 2014
8:01 am
Wayne Wilson

Forum Posts: 41

Thanks to Larry and the entire Tuscaloosa County Bowhunters for all your hard work in making this event possible. I hope all bowhunters and archers will take advantage of this shoot. Our purpose is always safety in the woods and enjoyment in the blessings God has given us as Americans. Ain’t Life Great!

Solocamman

September 23, 2014
2:36 pm
Larry McAfee
Tuscaloosa/Northport, AL

Life Member

To run this week……….
The Tuscaloosa News Announcement:
“Get Ready for Bow Season” 3-D Archery Shoot
Tuscaloosa County Bowhunters, a Chapter of Bowhunters of Alabama, Inc., will have their last shoot of the season on September 27 & 28th at the Archery Park in Northport, AL. The events purpose is to give bowhunters an opportunity to prepare for the upcoming deer season and to make sure that their equipment is in top working order.
The range will consist of 20 3-D targets set at reasonable hunting distance in a hunt setting. Shooters will have an opportunity to shoot from our elevated tower, a ground blind, sitting position and a “pick your shot” environment. Shooters may use a scorecard or not. This is not a competition shoot for awards. Emphasis is placed on taking a “clean” shot. An additional novelty “long distance dot shoot” should draw the competitors to win “the pot”.
On location sponsors that support hunting will provide opportunities to view their products and services as well as provide door prizes that will be awarded each day of the shoot.
ALL archers and bowhunters are welcome to shoot and enjoy the days. NASP students and people wanting to learn more about archery can experience a wealth of information and advice from our professional archers and experienced members. Tuscaloosa PARA is providing educational archery equipment for the target range.
Barbecue, snacks and drinks will be available.
The event will begin each day at 8:00a.m. The Archery Park is located at the Faucett Brouthers Activity Center at 13040 Eugenia Faucett Dr, Northport, AL. Just follow the signs.
For further information contact: Larry McAfee, 205-333-1245.

September 24, 2014
9:13 pm
James Hornbuckle

President

Moderators

Chapter President
Forum Posts: 185

See you all Sunday

September 26, 2014
10:30 am
Larry McAfee
Tuscaloosa/Northport, AL

Life Member

Well friends and neighbors, the range is set, the weather looks to be beautiful and we look forward to a great turnout for our last 3-D shoot of the year!!
I’m hoping to see many of my BHA buddies before the hunting season begins.
SEE YOU THIS WEEKEND!Laugh

The following users say thank you to Larry McAfee for this useful post:

Larry Wood
September 26, 2014
10:44 am
Alan Rickles
Guests

Beautiful weather….obviously y’all are getting a different weather report than what I am seeing but anyway see y’all sunday

September 28, 2014
1:01 am
Larry Wood
Warrior/Hayden AL

Life Member
Forum Posts: 194

Wish I could be there but we are in the process of cleaning g up this house so we can move in a few weeks… not moving far. .. just the heck out of this small house…

Larry Wood

**Life Member #136**

Mathews Traverse, set up and tuned in with Crocker Custom BowStrings, Doinker Stabilizers, Axcel Sights, Carbon Express Arrows, and ZBro's Sight Light.

September 28, 2014
6:50 pm
Hoytshooter

Life Member
Forum Posts: 258

Well, Larry was right the weather was nice and cool and sunny when we left Tuscaloosa this morning. Betty and I drove up from Covington County at 4am this morning and arrived must before 9am to the range. We had a lot of fun shooting the course and the weather was again nice and cool and several people were out there enjoying the shoot. The Tuscaloosa gang put on a great shoot and gave away some very nice door prizes. i tried the novelty shoot at the ball hanging from the string at 50 yards and had three arrows just to theleft of it but didn’t hit it but had a blast trying anyway! I guess that this is the last 3D shoot for me for 2014 and will be getting ready to shoot at some live deer very soon. I look forward to shooting next year with the new format that BHA has adopted for 2015. It should be an interesting 3D season and I can hardly wait to see what the new year will bring with it! I hope that all you have a great hunting season and please BE SAFE in the woods and in your travels to and from the hunt. Thanks to all of you that I have gotten to shoot with this year and was able to make some new friends along the way.

The following users say thank you to Hoytshooter for this useful post:

Larry Wood, Larry McAfee
September 28, 2014
7:50 pm
Alan Rickles
Guests

Well I guess y’all paid off the weather man..we had a good time today shooting the course great job I wish we shot more like it all year…if you wast there u missed a good one…I would had thought with this being the year ender they would a been a lil more of a crowd guess everybody getting food plots put in and hanging stands and moving…and I did manage to hit the ball…danny thanks for bring the target up from yalls deal..I how everybody has a good safe hunrin season and we all kill a Biggin…see everybody come February

The following users say thank you to Alan Rickles for this useful post:

Larry McAfee, Larry Wood
September 28, 2014
11:52 pm
Larry McAfee
Tuscaloosa/Northport, AL

Life Member

Thanks Danny and Alan for the good post for our shoot. Good to see the wives with you! THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING ARCHERY AND OUR SHOOT!!!
Door prizes were drawn and I will notify all the winners this week.
Special thanks to the ASTB traditional gang that shot the course (several times)…more of you showed up to shoot than BHA regular 3-D shooters…!!!
I may have to go back to shooting my recurve…and rejoin ASTB.
To all that attended our Tuscaloosa shoot, we REALLY appreciate your attandance! We all had great fun with archery and getting to know new folks.
Tuscaloosa County Bowhunters signed up about 8-10 NEW members for our Chapter and BHA this weekend and introduced many NEW folks to archery and bowhunting.

SPECIAL THANKS to NEW BREED ARCHERY and GRABOWS OUTDOORS for setting up tables and tents to show their products and to give GREAT door prizes!!! More THANK YOU’s go to our other sponsors that I will list when I post the attendees.

We had a wonderful weekend of archery and meeting new folks, but sorely missed a showing of support from the majority of regular BHA 3-D shooters.

September 29, 2014
10:52 am
Larry McAfee
Tuscaloosa/Northport, AL

Life Member

A HUGE THANK YOU to the wonderful folks that took the opportunity to enjoy archery at our “Get Ready for Bow Season Shoot” in Tuscaloosa!
Another THANK YOU…and much more, to our Tuscaloosa County Bowhunter members that worked on this shoot for the past month to gather sponsors, door prizes, plan, work on the range and to BE at the shoot to help our guests to enjoy the weekend!!!!
Our shooters were:
Wayne Whitlock
Tony Whitlock
Ben Grimes
J. Grimes
Toby Fikes
Dylan Fikes
Mike Shaw
Flynn Wade
Kayla Vickery
Joe Henderson
Benji Argo
Michael Sicola
Amanda Greene
Mark Allread
Reese Owens
Ricky Quincy
Danny Norris
Julia Norris
Wesley Wright
Chester Suttle
Austin Tubbs
Hunter Hale
Jack Webb
William Adams
Randy Adams
Jason Adams
Jonathan Friday
D.J. Rickman
Timmy Parke
Matthew Parker
Samantha Hamay
Matthew Bassie
Robin Green
Randy Green
Jacob Sanders
Gilberto Coutin
Danny Stokes
Betty Stokes
Alan Rickles
Mrs. Rickles
Karen Wade
Hunter Hale
Aiden Moore
Ken Moore
Darren Simpson
Ryan S.
Martin Everett
Adam Cotant
Mike Reese
Wayne Wilson
Glen P.
Don Diezel
Skipper Booth
Larry McAfee

DOOR PRIZE WINNERS:
Diana Quincy- String & Cable from GRABOWS Outdoor
Matthew Bassie- Turkey Call
Wendy Argo- Deer Plot Seed
Benji Argo- Turkey Call
Hunter Hale- String and Cable from GRABOWS OUTDOOR
Aiden Moore- Cablz Eyewear Retainer
Danny Stokes- Dove De-Breaster & $25 Gift Cert. from Fayette Co. Co-op
Skipper Booth- Girls Tent (pink)
Darren Simpson- Picnic Backpak
Mike Reese- Coleman 4-person Tent & Bear Bryant Limited Edition print
Adam Cotant– Boys Dome Tent
Savannah Argo- Trophy Lick-Rock
Kayla Vickery- Rack Master feed
Mark Allread- 6 Beman Arrows
Wayne Wilson- 6 Gold Tip Hunting Arrows
Jason Adams- Bear Bryant Limited Edition print
Danny Norris- Tuscaloosa Chevrolet oil-change
Joe Henderson- 6 Hunting Arrows from SECOND SEASON

NEW BREED ARCHERY, GRABOWS OUTDOOR and SECOND SEASON OUTDOOR gave t-shirts, caps, stickers and other items to our guests.
BAMA BUGGYS showed two off-road four-wheelers and offered discounts
TUSCALOOSA CHEVROLET provided oil-change gift cards
NEW BREED ARCHERY showed their new line of 2015 bows and handed out their NEW catalogs. Go by and test-shoot some of these wonderful “Alabama-made” bows and support ALL of the sponsors and folks that support BHA and the BHA Chapters!!

Have a bountiful harvest this upcoming deer season and we’ll see everyone at the 3-D shoots beginning Feb. 2015!!

September 29, 2014
5:44 pm
Larry McAfee
Tuscaloosa/Northport, AL

Life Member

I’ll begin to contact door prize winners tonight.Laugh

September 30, 2014
10:32 pm
Hoytshooter

Life Member
Forum Posts: 258

What a great shoot to end the 3D season for me! The early wake up call at 4am was not too great but the trip was good and we really enjoyed the range! I hope that everyone had a great time and that you all have a great and safe hunting season and see all of you next year!!!!

The following users say thank you to Hoytshooter for this useful post:

Larry McAfee, Larry Wood
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 305
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 13
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Larry McAfee: 758
Mike Crenshaw: 490
Mike Honaker: 475
Fatality: 415
headshot: 318
Kevin Ivey: 262
Hoytshooter: 258
Amanda Adams: 195
Larry Wood: 194
Scott Fletcher: 179
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 9
Members: 1106
Moderators: 4
Admins: 4
Forum Stats:
Groups: 10
Forums: 82
Topics: 2657
Newest Members:
Christi Osborne, Wyatt Anderson, Matthew Connell, Nic Gillott, jason whisenant, Kevin Rackard, Tyler Schrack, Anthony Blanchard, Jacob Blanchard, Fred Bowman Bear
Moderators: msproctor: 265, James Hornbuckle: 185, Sandra Patterson: 0, Connie Crews: 0
Administrators: BHA Webmaster: 217, Shane Bates: 99, Ginger Boland: 1, Jeff Boland: 2