BHA State Championship Tournament|Tournament Information 2015|Forum|Bow Hunters of Alabama

A A A
Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
BHA State Championship Tournament
July 9, 2015
10:43 am
Will Campbell

Forum Posts: 13
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

The BHA State Championship Will be held at Hayes Nature Preserve on August 8
7153 Hwy 431 S Owens Cross Roads, Huntsville, AL 35763
There will be a SHOTGUN START at 9:00 AM Registration will start at 7:00 AM
All ASA rules will be enforced including time limits (Range captains will be there)

The Banquet will be held at The Early Works Museum starting at 6:00PM we will eat at 7:00 August 8
Cost of the Banquet is $20
404 Madison St SE
Huntsville, AL 35801

Any Questions Contact
Will 256-527-0725
Chris 256-541-4702

The following users say thank you to Will Campbell for this useful post:

Kevin Ivey, Larry McAfee, nighthunter, msproctor, Captain, headshot, Bryan Gilbert
July 13, 2015
4:24 pm
Guests

Just a clarification to some questions that I have had brought to me.

Membership
You must be a current member of BHA to shoot the tournament. You may join at the shoot.
Single Membership $15*
Family Membership $25*
Life Membership $300
*discounts available for 3 year memberships

Cost of tournament
$30 All Adult Classes (payback classes)
$10 All Kids Classes
There will be no FUN rounds shot.
It is a 9:00 SHOTGUN start on Saturday and it is a ONE DAY shoot. This is not a regular 2 day shoot.
It is NOT being held at the regular location of the Madison County shoots. Madison County is hosting. See Will’s post above for location and other information.

State Championship
All kids classes will have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place awards for this shoot.
You did not have to shoot all 3 legs (or any) of the Championship Series to compete for the State Championship.

State Shooter of the Year
Requirements were to shoot all 3 Legs and the State Championship to determine the State Shooter of the Year and be a member by March 30. Only 1 SOY award in the qualifying classes will be given.

All awards will be given out at the banquet on Saturday night. See Will’s post above for location and times.

Let me know if you have any questions. Now let’s get together and have some fun. See you all there!

The following users say thank you to Guest for this useful post:

headshot, Larry Wood, Larry McAfee, nighthunter, Bryan Gilbert
July 23, 2015
9:20 pm
Guests

Ttt

August 6, 2015
3:27 pm
Guests

Make sure to bring or wear your rubber boots. Just talked to Will and it has rained about 6 inches so far today, IT’S GONNA BE WET AND MUDDY! Don’t forget your bug spray. For those that are shooting on the long range, it is about 3 miles around the road from registration. We will have one single point for registration and then you can drive, or if you choose we will have a shuttle, to the other range. If you are not a patient person, I would suggest you drive as the shuttle is set up hayride style and will take 15 minutes or so to make a round trip. There is a parking lot at the long range and we will have directions at registration.

August 6, 2015
4:18 pm
Tim Kohlenberg

Life Member
Forum Posts: 12

Charmen McAlpine said

Make sure to bring or wear your rubber boots. Just talked to Will and it has rained about 6 inches so far today, IT’S GONNA BE WET AND MUDDY! Don’t forget your bug spray. For those that are shooting on the long range, it is about 3 miles around the road from registration. We will have one single point for registration and then you can drive, or if you choose we will have a shuttle, to the other range. If you are not a patient person, I would suggest you drive as the shuttle is set up hayride style and will take 15 minutes or so to make a round trip. There is a parking lot at the long range and we will have directions at registration.

Hmmmm…6″ of rain..not good, are you referring to ankle boots, knee boots, hip waders or chest waders

August 6, 2015
4:38 pm
Captain
Birmingham

Forum Posts: 69

Tim Kohlenberg said

Charmen McAlpine said

Hmmmm…6″ of rain..not good, are you referring to ankle boots, knee boots, hip waders or chest waders

Sounds like a flats boat, to me.

August 6, 2015
4:49 pm
Guests

Tim Kohlenberg said

Whatever you are comfortable with Tim. I don’t think it’s supposed to rain tomorrow and Saturday looks perfect for shooting. We just hope the targets haven’t washed away. LOL

August 6, 2015
4:51 pm
Guests

Captain said

That’s what I said Capt. I can do registration from a boat. LOL

Gonna be a great shoot. Don’t forget about the banquet Saturday night. Gonna be fun!

August 6, 2015
5:53 pm
msproctor

Life Member
Forum Posts: 265

For everyone who has made it to all 3 legs of the series, make sure you come to state! A special surprise for all 71 of you!!!

The following users say thank you to msproctor for this useful post:

headshot

Mark Proctor
Past BHA President 2011-2015
Lifemember #63

August 6, 2015
10:05 pm
Captain
Birmingham

Forum Posts: 69

Charmen McAlpine said

Captain said

That’s what I said Capt. I can do registration from a boat. LOL

Gonna be a great shoot. Don’t forget about the banquet Saturday night. Gonna be fun!

I shoot best knee deep in water. Nothing but 12’s. Hey y’all, watch this!

August 7, 2015
11:52 am
Chris Hann
athens alabama

Forum Posts: 44

How many targets will it be?

Hoyt Podium X 37, Hoyt Faktor turbo,60x Custom Strings Staff Shooter, Black Eagle Arrows Staff Shooter

August 7, 2015
12:09 pm
headshot

Forum Posts: 318

Chris Hann said

How many targets will it be?

should be 25

August 7, 2015
4:20 pm
msproctor

Life Member
Forum Posts: 265

25 brand new targets on each range

The following users say thank you to msproctor for this useful post:

Captain

Mark Proctor
Past BHA President 2011-2015
Lifemember #63

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 305
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 19
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Larry McAfee: 758
Mike Crenshaw: 490
Mike Honaker: 475
Fatality: 415
headshot: 318
Kevin Ivey: 262
Hoytshooter: 258
Amanda Adams: 195
Larry Wood: 194
Scott Fletcher: 179
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 9
Members: 1108
Moderators: 4
Admins: 4
Forum Stats:
Groups: 10
Forums: 82
Topics: 2662
Newest Members:
Devin Pool, Thomas Bronson, Christi Osborne, Wyatt Anderson, Matthew Connell, Nic Gillott, jason whisenant, Kevin Rackard, Tyler Schrack, Anthony Blanchard
Moderators: msproctor: 265, James Hornbuckle: 185, Sandra Patterson: 2, Connie Crews: 0
Administrators: BHA Webmaster: 217, Shane Bates: 99, Ginger Boland: 1, Jeff Boland: 3