2022 Alabama ASA State SOY Program
There are a few changes to the 2021 Alabama ASA State SOY Program so here we go if you have any questions let us know.
2021 Alabama ASA State Federation Shooter of the Year:
Alabama State Criteria:
*****Shooter of the Year Buckles will be offered to every class (except bow novice and known 40) regardless of the number of participants in each class. This will be made possible by all of the hosting clubs of qualifiers. They will be making a donation to the “shooter of the year buckle fund” for each qualifier they host. ASA will only allow each state to have enough buckles for the classes with 3 or more participants, so this year we are able to purchase extra buckles to include everyone in this program.*****
- All ASA rules and regulations apply to all SOY state qualifiers.
- All AL ASA State Qualifiers will be a 20 target set to be eligible for SOY points. State Championship will be a 30 target set.
- As discussed amongst the ASA clubs all ranges will be required to set the following stakes and should have them posted at the sign-in table. (Please let all shooters know of these changes)
- 50 yard-PINK
- 45 yard-WHITE
- 40 yard-RED
- 30 yard-BLUE
- 25 yard-YELLOW
- 20 yard-GREEN
- 15 yard-ORANGE
- Qualifier #1-score of 204
- Qualifier #2-score of 212
- Qualifier #3-score of 203
- Total of (3) qualifiers for a total of 619
- AL State Championship Score 260
- 619 qualifier points plus 260 points from State Championship equals an aggregate score of 879 SOY points
The shooter’s top 3 state qualifier scores combined with their score from the AL State Championship for an aggregate score will determine the SOY standings.
At the conclusion of an ASA State Qualifier, participating clubs should e-mail their qualifier shooter information to include the ASA #, First and Last Name of competitor, Class, Score, 12 count, and the Location of the Qualifier was shot to AlabamaASAFederation@yahoo.com by no later than 10 PM of the Wednesday following their qualifier. Please use the provided Excel SOY template or a typed e-mail following the same format. Handwritten results or results by phone cannot be accepted.
The designated SOY scorekeeper will be responsible for receiving the scores at AlabamaASAFederation@yahoo.com. Once the scores have been tabulated the state SOY standings will be posted to the AL ASA Federation Facebook page and reported to the ASA state directors.