Marshall County Championship!!! Aug. 29th!|Tournament Information 2015|Forum|Bow Hunters of Alabama

A A A
Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
Marshall County Championship!!! Aug. 29th!
August 24, 2015
11:03 am
Kevin Ivey

Life Member
Forum Posts: 262
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I know by now that everyone is starting to get the fever to start slingin’ arrows at something other than foam! So, why not come on out and shoot your hunting rig at Marshall County’s Championship shoot this coming Saturday, August 29th, for one day only!?! We’ll get started promptly at 10:00am with a shotgun start. Immediately following the shoot, we’ll eat, have trophy presentations, officer elections, business meeting, then we’ll draw for door prizes! For everyone who signs up as a member, or renews their membership, each will receive a door prize ticket. You must be present at the drawing to win! Of course, we have historically renewed both club & BHA dues at this time. Regarding your BHA dues, I will hold those funds until mid-January, then send them in for you. I will tell you, in regard to door prizes, that at last count, we had over $2800 worth of prizes to be given away!! Tree stands, arrows, broadheads, sights, rangefinders, game cameras, and on & on!! I’ve been president at Marshall for, I think, 10 years, and I’ve never seen as much stuff to give away! Although, this is a “Marshall County Bowhunters” thing, this not to say anyone & everyone can’t come and participate in the fun! Again, we’re asking everyone to bring their hunting set-up, but obviously, this is not a requirement. However, if you do bring an open rig, and you wish to join up with Marshall County, if you intend to compete for awards, I am going to ask you to drop your lens out to be fair, and due to the fact that it is illegal to hunt with a lens. We’ll be charging $10.00 to shoot, single memberships to the club is $20, families are $30, then, of course, if you want to renew your BHA dues, $15/single, $25/families, etc., etc. In the normal 20 target shoot, we’ll be scoring center 12’s, 10’s & 8’s. If you shoot a 5, we’ll consider that a “wounded animal”, and you’ll be awarded a 0 (ZERO, goose egg, zilch, nada)! Oh, and by the way, for those who join, or renew their memberships to Marshall County Bowhunters, we’ll be taking the top five scores, and throw those 5 shooters into what we call the “Pressure Cooker Shoot Down”! This shoot down is ran much like ASA Pro/Am shoot downs, where ASA 12 & the 14 are in play. Come on out & join the fun!

Kevin Ivey
President
Marshall County Bowhunters
Life Member #133

August 24, 2015
2:36 pm
Guests

Kevin,
Any BHA memberships that come in now will be processed for next year. No need to hold onto them. We would not punish our members by having them pay again in January. We can go ahead and get their user names and passwords set up for the forum now but they will not start getting their AON until next year. This would help with the massive amounts that we receive at the beginning of the year.

Thanks
Charmen

August 24, 2015
4:09 pm
Kevin Ivey

Life Member

Charmen McAlpine said

Kevin,
Any BHA memberships that come in now will be processed for next year. No need to hold onto them. We would not punish our members by having them pay again in January. We can go ahead and get their user names and passwords set up for the forum now but they will not start getting their AON until next year. This would help with the massive amounts that we receive at the beginning of the year.

Thanks
Charmen

Cool! Since I can go ahead and send them in, I don’t have to try to remember which fruit jar, & which hole I buried the money in, and git a big ole hug from Charmen ta boot!…hee hee!Cool

Kevin Ivey
President
Life Member #133

August 24, 2015
4:31 pm
Guests

Yep! And you will still get a hug from me but you will need to send them all to Amanda. :)

The new address for BHA is

PO Box 381026
Birmingham, AL 35238

The following users say thank you to Guest for this useful post:

headshot
August 25, 2015
12:49 pm
BubbaB

Life Member
Forum Posts: 127

Two hugs are better than one Kevin.

August 25, 2015
2:51 pm
Kevin Ivey

Life Member

BubbaB said

Two hugs are better than one Kevin.

That’s what I’m screamin’!

The following users say thank you to Kevin Ivey for this useful post:

headshot

Kevin Ivey
President
Life Member #133

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 305
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 18
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Larry McAfee: 758
Mike Crenshaw: 490
Mike Honaker: 475
Fatality: 415
headshot: 318
Kevin Ivey: 262
Hoytshooter: 258
Amanda Adams: 195
Larry Wood: 194
Scott Fletcher: 179
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 9
Members: 1108
Moderators: 4
Admins: 4
Forum Stats:
Groups: 10
Forums: 82
Topics: 2662
Newest Members:
Devin Pool, Thomas Bronson, Christi Osborne, Wyatt Anderson, Matthew Connell, Nic Gillott, jason whisenant, Kevin Rackard, Tyler Schrack, Anthony Blanchard
Moderators: msproctor: 265, James Hornbuckle: 185, Sandra Patterson: 2, Connie Crews: 0
Administrators: BHA Webmaster: 217, Shane Bates: 99, Ginger Boland: 1, Jeff Boland: 3