Final North Zone SOY Standings (Zone Only)|2017 Tournament Scores BHA|Forum|Bow Hunters of Alabama

A A A
Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
Final North Zone SOY Standings (Zone Only)
August 19, 2017
1:21 pm
Kevin Ivey

Life Member
Forum Posts: 262
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Please note that due to lack of participation, many classes are not reflected. And, where 2nd place was so far off the leader, only the leader is listed. The criteria for eligibility was based on members paid prior to March 1st with scores posted at NZ shoots, where there were at least 3 competitors in any specific class. Tallied scores included SOYT shoots.

Open A
Tommy Junkins – 2241.031
Shannon Lee: 1940.039

Senior Mens Open
Bubba Browder – 2324.040

Mens K45
Larry Wood – 1762.025
Michael Medley – 1543.022

Senior Mens Known
Kenneth Kugler – 1417.012
Bobby Knight – 1324.010
DeWayne Bickerstaff – 1177.031

Super Senior Known
Phillip Williams – 1829.029

Senior Hunter
Mark Proctor – 2842.021

Hunter Elite
Jeff Ponzini – 1314.008

Hunter
Rusty Graben – 2364.018

Open C
Jimmy Chavers – 1497.036
Joseph Wade – 1317.021

Mens K40
David Lavecchia – 1228.028

Womens K40
Celeste Lavecchia – 1383.015
Lynn Ponzini – 1274.009

Bow Novice
James Monaghan – 1868.035
Ray Oliver – 1039.005

Womens Hunter
Sandy Proctor – 2395.017

HIgh School Pins – Girls
Lana Graben – 2588.024

Middle School Pins – Girls
Dena Graben – 1586.013

Middle School Open – Girls
Danielle Chapman – 943.010

Elementary Open – Girls
Devyn Chapman – 921.007

The following users say thank you to Kevin Ivey for this useful post:

msproctor, Jamie Selvage, James Monaghan

Kevin Ivey
President
Marshall County Bowhunters
Life Member #133

August 21, 2017
1:57 pm
Cheryl Carr

Forum Posts: 24

I won CZ and SZ Shooter of the year and I didn’t shoot at all clubs. I shot several NZ Shoots and won NZ Championship so I’m not gonna get a buckle? Wondering why all zones aren’t the same.

The following users say thank you to Cheryl Carr for this useful post:

Mike Honaker
August 21, 2017
7:59 pm
Kevin Ivey

Life Member

I’m sorry, Cheryl! Our records show that your BHA membership was not renewed until March 19th. It was my understanding that we were to set a “cut-off” date of Mar 1. Also, it was my understanding (someone correct me if I’m wrong) that BHA was going to abide by “their” version of the payout rule (ASA pays back 1st place only if there’s at least 5 shooters in a class) (In BHA, we lowered that number to 3). However, in the class you shot in, there was only one competitor, and that was you! Someone help me here! I’ll gladly send Cheryl a buckle if I need to!

Kevin Ivey
President
Life Member #133

August 21, 2017
9:26 pm
headshot

Forum Posts: 318

Kevin Ivey said
I’m sorry, Cheryl! Our records show that your BHA membership was not renewed until March 19th. It was my understanding that we were to set a “cut-off” date of Mar 1. Also, it was my understanding (someone correct me if I’m wrong) that BHA was going to abide by “their” version of the payout rule (ASA pays back 1st place only if there’s at least 5 shooters in a class) (In BHA, we lowered that number to 3). However, in the class you shot in, there was only one competitor, and that was you! Someone help me here! I’ll gladly send Cheryl a buckle if I need to!  

you are correct Kevin. We decided at the NZ meeting to fallow the trail shoot rules. I believe that they have a March 1st cutoff. For a couple of years now we have had the rule in place that a class had to have at least three people in it before we gave out awards.

this same thing happened to a couple of people last year, once it was explained to them, they were good with it!

August 22, 2017
9:23 am
Guests

Trail shoot rules were paid member at or before the 1st Trail Shoot in March. It was not a March 1 cutoff. I don’t know what the zones decided on.

August 22, 2017
1:05 pm
Kevin Ivey

Life Member

I think what Cheryl is referring to is just the NZ shoot, not the NZ SOYT.

Kevin Ivey
President
Life Member #133

August 22, 2017
1:12 pm
Cheryl Carr

Forum Posts: 24

I was referring to NZ Shooter of the year I had no idea you had to pay membership before March 1 to qualify . I did know you had to pay membership before 1st trail shoot to qualify for BHA Shooter of the year but it ok.

August 22, 2017
4:23 pm
Guests

Kevin Ivey said
I think what Cheryl is referring to is just the NZ shoot, not the NZ SOYT.  

Sorry Kevin. I was responding to the post that said “we decided to follow trail shoot rules”. Didn’t mean to step on anyone’s toes.

August 23, 2017
6:53 pm
Chris Vines

Forum Posts: 49

Kevin did I not qualify for NZ shooter of the year in open C? I shot probably at least 6 NZ tournaments .. Please let me know .. Thanks Chris

August 23, 2017
7:39 pm
Larry Wood
Warrior/Hayden AL

Life Member
Forum Posts: 194

So, who won Buckles? And how do they get them?

The following users say thank you to Larry Wood for this useful post:

James Monaghan

Larry Wood

**Life Member #136**

Mathews Traverse, set up and tuned in with Crocker Custom BowStrings, Doinker Stabilizers, Axcel Sights, Carbon Express Arrows, and ZBro's Sight Light.

August 27, 2017
4:10 pm
Larry Wood
Warrior/Hayden AL

Life Member

Larry Wood said
So, who won Buckles? And how do they get them?  

Ttt

Larry Wood

**Life Member #136**

Mathews Traverse, set up and tuned in with Crocker Custom BowStrings, Doinker Stabilizers, Axcel Sights, Carbon Express Arrows, and ZBro's Sight Light.

August 28, 2017
10:20 pm
Chris Vines

I’m thinking that you and me are the only ones that care about the NZ SOY Larry… I guess nobody is going to answer our questions !!!

August 29, 2017
7:26 am
Kevin Ivey

Life Member

Before this thing gets too sideways, this post was to inform regarding SOY for the NZ only (not the NZ SOYT). It’s been a nightmare trying to determine who actually qualified, mainly due to the fact that most did not have their dues paid by the March 1st deadline. Basically, not that it matters to anyone except me, I’ve gone through all the local NZ shoots, looking at every person’s individual scores, then check to see of that person’s dues were paid before March 1! Frankly, the vast majority did not! Then you’ve got people hopping around, shooting in some cases, four different classes, which further confuses things! Finally, based on the information at hand, I really don’t have to worry about that many NZ (zone only) SOY’s, rather getting buckles to the individuals who won in their individual classes at the NZ (zone only) Championship. Then it comes to light that all of the buckles we ordered have embossed into the buckle “Shooter of The Year”! I realize that I’m probably at fault here, but I thought we were getting fully customize-able buckles, where all one had to do was “fill in the blanks” as it was applicable. Obviously, with all the buckles having “Shooter of The Year” embossed on them, I’m faced with having to order yet another set of buckles to get the winners of the NZ Championship theirs! Right now, I’m looking at options on whether or not I can actually use these beautiful buckles that I have rather than blow another $600 on buying another set! Maybe take my dremel tool & sit for hours, grinding off “Shooter of The Year”……..PATIENCE PLEASE!

The following users say thank you to Kevin Ivey for this useful post:

headshot

Kevin Ivey
President
Life Member #133

August 29, 2017
11:55 am
Larry McAfee
Tuscaloosa/Northport, AL

Life Member
Forum Posts: 758

Sounds like a bit of a mess. Please give Kevin some slack so he can figure things out……no big hurry anyway, right?

August 29, 2017
2:19 pm
Larry Wood
Warrior/Hayden AL

Life Member

I was not trying to cause friction, Just trying to figure things out myself…

Larry Wood

**Life Member #136**

August 29, 2017
4:16 pm
Kevin Ivey

Life Member

Larry Wood said
I was not trying to cause friction, Just trying to figure things out myself…  

Larry, for the record, I was not perceiving any of your comments as “friction”, or anyone getting bent out of shape! My last post was a desperate attempt to head that sort of thing off. In a perfect world, everyone would get their dues paid on time, shoot in one class for the whole year, nice belt buckles were readily available & fully customize-able, picked up at Walmart, whenever I need one, Donald Trump buys everyone in BHA a new bow every year (arrows included), and we as humans would be like wine (we get better with age)! But, for those of us who have tuned in the news lately…….IT AIN’T A PERFECT WORLD! And this gettin’ old thang purdy much sucks!

(Now if the song director would get us a song….Yes! I see that hand…..)

Cool

Kevin Ivey
President
Life Member #133

August 30, 2017
7:24 pm
BubbaB

Life Member
Forum Posts: 127

How about the old gray mare…. seems to fit pretty good. I’d say getting old is still better than the other option.

September 10, 2017
5:47 pm
Larry Wood
Warrior/Hayden AL

Life Member

Any new news yet???? ANYONE, ANYONE…. BUELER

Larry Wood

**Life Member #136**

September 11, 2017
9:36 pm
Chris Vines

Does anyone know when the real SOY in the NZ scores will be posted? I ask why I wasn’t qualified in open C a few weeks ago.. If I am not qualified can anyone tell me why I’m not?

The following users say thank you to Chris Vines for this useful post:

Larry Wood, Cheryl Carr
September 13, 2017
8:06 pm
Larry McAfee
Tuscaloosa/Northport, AL

Life Member
Forum Posts: 758

Is anyone watching this website to answer questions????
This one and the one Wayne Wilson posted….When will the meeting be for the Central Zone schedule of the 2018 3-D shoots?
Hello out there…………………………………………………..
ALL New officers and Chapter Directors need to be monitoring this site.

The following users say thank you to Larry McAfee for this useful post:

Larry Wood
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 305
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 4
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Larry McAfee: 758
Mike Crenshaw: 490
Mike Honaker: 475
Fatality: 415
headshot: 318
Kevin Ivey: 262
Hoytshooter: 258
Amanda Adams: 195
Larry Wood: 194
Scott Fletcher: 179
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 9
Members: 1108
Moderators: 4
Admins: 4
Forum Stats:
Groups: 10
Forums: 82
Topics: 2662
Newest Members:
Devin Pool, Thomas Bronson, Christi Osborne, Wyatt Anderson, Matthew Connell, Nic Gillott, jason whisenant, Kevin Rackard, Tyler Schrack, Anthony Blanchard
Moderators: msproctor: 265, James Hornbuckle: 185, Sandra Patterson: 2, Connie Crews: 0
Administrators: BHA Webmaster: 217, Shane Bates: 99, Ginger Boland: 1, Jeff Boland: 3