Covington County Bowhunters "Bowhunter Only" 3D tournament Sept.8th & 9th|2018 Tournament Schedules|Forum|Bow Hunters of Alabama

A A A
Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
Covington County Bowhunters "Bowhunter Only" 3D tournament Sept.8th & 9th
August 16, 2018
7:38 pm
Hoytshooter

Life Member
Forum Posts: 258
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Covington County Bowhunters will be hosting their annual “Bowhunter Only” 3D tournament on September the 8th and 9th. 8am until 3pm on Saturday and 8am until 1pm on Sunday It will be 25 targets with maybe a “mulligan” thrown in for fun. Targets will be setup in hunting situations and should be a lot of fun. There is no speed limit rules just bring your hunting setup and have a good time. We will have a shoot through deer target and a long distance shot with a 50% payback to the winners. Center 12’s will be the default scoring ring for this tournament. The shooter does have the option to call either the upper or lower 12 if they prefer. They must call it first. There will be a target with a buck and a doe together. You must hit the buck to score. If you hit the doe it will be a zero. Scoring for this tournament will be a little different than our regular events. The scoring rings will be 12,10, and 8. Anything scoring outside of the 8 ring will be considered a “wound” and is scored as a zero. All classes are known distance so you can bring your rangefinder and have a good time enjoying the tournament.
We will have hunting only classes for this event as well.
Classes will be:
Cubs-Orange stake-15 yards max
Youth Male- Green stake-20 yards max.
Youth Female- Green stake-20 yards max.
Women’s Bowhunter-blue stake-30 yards max
Women’s Bowhunter Open-Red Stake-40 yards max.
Traditional-Yellow stake-25 yards max
Men’s Bowhunter (fixed Pins)- Red Stake-40 yards max.
Men’s Bowhunter Open(moveable Sight no restrictions on stabilizers, shoot what you bring.)-White/Pink stake 50 yards max.
Crossbow- Red Stake 40 yards max.
We look forward to seeing everyone for our last shoot of the year. It won’t be too many more days until we can shoot at some live deer and maybe put some venison in the freezer. If you need directions to our range, give me a call at 334-504-8624. Thanks and drive safe.

August 26, 2018
12:20 pm
Hoytshooter

Life Member

Met with Phillip and John at the range this morning to wo some finishing work on the last shoot of the year for us. Phillip has been working on opening up a new section of the range and I am amazed at the amount of work he has done this past two weeks! The entire back half of his property has been opened up to setup a new range for you to enjoy. There are some awesome targets setup that I think a lot of people will have to think twice about before they shoot. There are several folks that come and shoot with us that may need a lift back to the range and we will have four wheelers available to give you a lift back if you need it. If you have any questions, please give me a call and let me know and I will try and get back to you as soon as possible.
We will have a couple of novelty shots. We will have a shoot through deer and a long distance shot with prizes for the shoot through and money payback for the long distance shot.

August 27, 2018
5:06 pm
Hoytshooter

Life Member

I have had a few phone calls about open setups. Yes, you can bring your open setup and shoot in the bowhunter open class.

September 8, 2018
7:05 pm
Hoytshooter

Life Member

Weather was hot today but we had a great time! The course was Awesome! Phillip did an outstanding job of opening up the new section of the range on the backside of his property. The targets on several hill shots were so life like I had to take pictures of them. I hope that many of you can make the shoot tomorrow and get to see the results of the hard work that Phillip has put into the last two weeks to make this shoot a very memorable experience. The gator in the creek really made it difficult to figure out how to hold on him and I just barely got a ten! Anyway, drive safely tomorrow and we look forward to having you for our final shoot of the year. I hope that everyone has a great upcoming hunting season and can make it back for the 2019 3D season in February.

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 305
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 16
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Larry McAfee: 758
Mike Crenshaw: 490
Mike Honaker: 475
Fatality: 415
headshot: 318
Kevin Ivey: 262
Hoytshooter: 258
Amanda Adams: 195
Larry Wood: 194
Scott Fletcher: 179
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 9
Members: 1108
Moderators: 4
Admins: 4
Forum Stats:
Groups: 10
Forums: 82
Topics: 2662
Newest Members:
Devin Pool, Thomas Bronson, Christi Osborne, Wyatt Anderson, Matthew Connell, Nic Gillott, jason whisenant, Kevin Rackard, Tyler Schrack, Anthony Blanchard
Moderators: msproctor: 265, James Hornbuckle: 185, Sandra Patterson: 2, Connie Crews: 0
Administrators: BHA Webmaster: 217, Shane Bates: 99, Ginger Boland: 1, Jeff Boland: 3