Covington County Bowhunters BHA Trail Shoot Feb. 22nd and 23rd.....|Tournament Information 2014|Forum|Bow Hunters of Alabama

A A A
Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
Covington County Bowhunters BHA Trail Shoot Feb. 22nd and 23rd.....
February 8, 2014
7:50 pm
Hoytshooter

Life Member
Forum Posts: 258
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

We have been working really hard trying to get the range ready for the first trail shoot of the 2014 year. Mica has been in with a bulldozer clearing us a road and a space for a storage shed. He has given up a couple of days of his hunting season to help us out. Mr.Tisdale owner of Sporting lifestyles has gone way beyond what I expected to help us get ready for the tournament season. Buster Stone, Matt Williams, Phillip Peebles and Donny Burns and myself have been working hard to get the lanes cleared and the targets up. We are about 80% complete and we should have power hooked up by the first of the week and the storage shed in place as well. The land that we will be using is quite a lot like Autauga County’s range. There are a lot of uphills and downhills to make for some very interesting shot sequences. Thanks to all that have helped us get to this point so far.
This shoot is a BHA state level sanctioned 3D tournament and will follow all BHA trail shoot and tournament rules. The speed limits and classes for the local shoots are different than the trail shoot. Be sure that you have your bow and equipment ready for BHA rules and regulations for this tournament. If you need directions to the new range, just send me a private message on here or give me a call at 334-504-3352.
Scott asked for the address or GPS location. This is the best address and GPS location that I can find on my computer. I am sure that someone out there is way better on the computer than I am but I will give you what I have so far. Thanks. The address showing on my Microsoft streets and maps is as follows:
598 Jericho Road, Andalusia, Alabama, 36421 and the GPS co-ordinates are as follows: 31.29866 degrees north and 86.51215 degrees west. Again check me on these as I am not used to using the GPS on the Microsoft Streets and Maps. If you are coming into Andalusia from I-65 or 84 west, you will need to turn right onto the bypass at theintersection of the 84 and 29 bypass in front of JC Penney’s and the new Zaxby’s. Stay on the U.S.29 south bypass towards Brewton. When you pass the Massey Nissan/Dodge dealership on the right, Brooklyn Road will be the next highway to the right with an old Piggly Wiggly store on the corner. Turn right onto Brooklyn Road and go 4/10ths of a mile and Jericho Road will turn right at the Coke sign with Lester’s Auto Salvage printed on it. Turn right onto Jericho Road and go to the dead end to the entrance to the range. If you are coming north up 29 north, Brooklyn Road will be on your left just pass the new elementary school and follow the direction down to Jericho Road. If you are coming up Brooklyn Road from I-65 south and get off at the Cartleberry exit, Jerich Road will be just before the endo of Brooklyn Road. Just look for the Coke sign with Lester’s Auto Salvage on it on your left. If you need specific directions from your area to the range give me a call. Thanks!

The following users say thank you to Hoytshooter for this useful post:

Fatality, countrydoe70
February 8, 2014
9:35 pm
Scott Fletcher

Forum Posts: 179

Danny, can you give us the gps coordinates or closest address?

February 10, 2014
10:28 pm
Hoytshooter

Life Member

Added the address and GPS info that I have. Hope this will help.

February 16, 2014
9:43 pm
Hoytshooter

Life Member

Well, we got a lot done today! Mica has been working over the past several days with the bulldozer to get a large area cleaned off for our practice bags and a storage shed and he has done an outstanding job. I think that we will have everything ready for the shoot by Friday for sure. Practice bags should be setup by Wednesday and we will do a final cleanup on Friday to make sure there are no limbs or other debris in the shooting lanes after the bulldozer has finished on Monday with the final leveling of the dirt where our registration/pracitce area will be. Look forward to seeing everyone at the new range this weekend!

February 20, 2014
6:57 pm
Hoytshooter

Life Member

Counting down the hours until we can get started on the new range! The bulldozer work looks really good and the practice bags are up and ready for some warm up shots. Buster came over today and got us power going to the registration/food shelter so we will have power to work with for registration and cooking. the range looks to be challenging with a lot of terrain changes. I think that it will be something new for Covington County as we have never had any uphills or downhills to shoot before. The range location is a new one with Mica bulldozing a trail into the woods for us to cut lanes for the targets. Please remember as a safety precaution that there are going to be limbs,vines and snags that we might not have seen to clear out of the trails. Watch your step as you walk through the course and to pull arrows. On the elk target and the bedded buck target, make sure that there is not a group pulling/scoring arrows before you shoot as they are side by side but at angles away from each other. On the bedded buck, you will take your bow and equipment with you to the target to pull arrows and score the target. After you pull all of the arrows you will move on to the next target down the trail to the left. There are yellow ribbons marking the trail all of the way around the ridge as you go through the course. I have tried to think of everything that I could to help out everyone have an enjoyable time while here. It has been a hectic several weeks getting to this point. There is not a lot of parking at the range site but there is plenty of parking along the road and at the contruction company just up the road a couple of hundred yards. We will have several golf carts and side by sides to shuttle folks down to the range so that you will not have to walk to get from your vehicle to the range. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me and I will be glad to help in any way that I can. Thanks and we look forward to seeing all of our BHA friends and family here this weekend.God bless everyone and drive safely!

The following users say thank you to Hoytshooter for this useful post:

nighthunter
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 305
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 9
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Larry McAfee: 758
Mike Crenshaw: 490
Mike Honaker: 475
Fatality: 415
headshot: 318
Kevin Ivey: 262
Hoytshooter: 258
Amanda Adams: 195
Larry Wood: 194
Scott Fletcher: 179
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 9
Members: 1111
Moderators: 4
Admins: 4
Forum Stats:
Groups: 10
Forums: 82
Topics: 2666
Newest Members:
Megan Rackard, Stephen Hopkins, Lisa Varnerbaby61295@yahoo.com, Devin Pool, Thomas Bronson, Christi Osborne, Wyatt Anderson, Matthew Connell, Nic Gillott, jason whisenant
Moderators: msproctor: 265, James Hornbuckle: 186, Sandra Patterson: 2, Connie Crews: 0
Administrators: BHA Webmaster: 217, Shane Bates: 99, Ginger Boland: 1, Jeff Boland: 3