Known Yardage Classes at Autauga Hog Classic|Tournament Information 2014|Forum|Bow Hunters of Alabama

A A A
Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
Known Yardage Classes at Autauga Hog Classic
January 30, 2014
11:19 am
Fatality

Life Member
Forum Posts: 415
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Both the Known 40 and Bowhunter Extreme classes will be “rangefinder” classes. We will not provide yardage to shooters because we will not have separate ranges for known and unknown classes. This was discussed in our chapter meeting and we feel this format is easier on the club and shooter.

Thanks
Jason Knight

January 30, 2014
11:44 am
Moose24
Guests

This is the way it will be at every central zone shoot. I do not want yardage cards floating around the range.

Thanks for bringing this up Jason.

January 30, 2014
4:45 pm
Mike Honaker
Montgomery

Forum Posts: 475

Last year I was afraid of getting caught with range finder and sold it. Now I could use it. Dang. Hahaha

January 31, 2014
6:37 am
headshot

Forum Posts: 318

i hate to even ask, But here it goes. Are Range finders Legal for BHA Shoots? i know somebody out there in siber world is going to say i should know the rules or post them for all to see And thats fine . just asking couse when i first saw this thread i was wandering if tit wass BHA legal myself. if this is a club thing and Kenny has said it will be that way at ALL central zone shoots. If it’s not a BHA rule i just don’t think i would a rangefinder at a Trail or the State shoot.. again don’t think i’m stirring the pot. just don’t want anybody getting there feathers ruffled when questioned about it.

January 31, 2014
8:22 am
Fatality

Life Member
Forum Posts: 415

headshot said

i hate to even ask, But here it goes. Are Range finders Legal for BHA Shoots? i know somebody out there in siber world is going to say i should know the rules or post them for all to see And thats fine . just asking couse when i first saw this thread i was wandering if tit wass BHA legal myself. if this is a club thing and Kenny has said it will be that way at ALL central zone shoots. If it’s not a BHA rule i just don’t think i would a rangefinder at a Trail or the State shoot.. again don’t think i’m stirring the pot. just don’t want anybody getting there feathers ruffled when questioned about it.

That’s a good point headshot. I understand that rangefinders are not permitted at BHA shoots (trail and state). So if you were hosting a BHA event then they would not be allowed on the course, which could cause an issue for local shooters shooting a BHA event in the Central Zone. The Feb. board meeting is the same weekend as our first club shoot and I hope we can make some clarifications on the K40 class and how we will work with Known and Unknown shooters on the same range at the Feb. board meeting.

I just think paper yardage markers handed out to Known shooters could end up in the hands of Unknown shooters by accident. But will see, we could have some issues at first trying to figure everything out but will see. May have to provide yardage markers at BHA events.

How is the BHA board going to handle Known yardage shooters at BHA events?

January 31, 2014
9:36 am
headshot

Forum Posts: 318

We could sign out the yardage cards give them to the known shooters to be turned in after they are finished they could be turned back in. me personally i don’t see the problem with known classes using their rangefinders.

January 31, 2014
7:22 pm
Mike Honaker
Montgomery

Forum Posts: 475

This is why we don’t have more shooters in bha. The rules and classes are always confusing. Can some one post the 2014 rules and classes stating all the details so we will know what can do and what we cannot do before we get to the shoot? And please don’t say the same as always or same as last year, please post so a new shooter will understand.
Thanks.

The following users say thank you to Mike Honaker for this useful post:

nighthunter
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 305
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 11
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Larry McAfee: 758
Mike Crenshaw: 490
Mike Honaker: 475
Fatality: 415
headshot: 318
Kevin Ivey: 262
Hoytshooter: 258
Amanda Adams: 195
Larry Wood: 194
Scott Fletcher: 179
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 9
Members: 1111
Moderators: 4
Admins: 4
Forum Stats:
Groups: 10
Forums: 82
Topics: 2666
Newest Members:
Megan Rackard, Stephen Hopkins, Lisa Varnerbaby61295@yahoo.com, Devin Pool, Thomas Bronson, Christi Osborne, Wyatt Anderson, Matthew Connell, Nic Gillott, jason whisenant
Moderators: msproctor: 265, James Hornbuckle: 186, Sandra Patterson: 2, Connie Crews: 0
Administrators: BHA Webmaster: 217, Shane Bates: 99, Ginger Boland: 1, Jeff Boland: 3