North Zone 2014 SOY Competition - Rules & Regs.|Tournament Information 2014|Forum|Bow Hunters of Alabama

A A A
Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
North Zone 2014 SOY Competition - Rules & Regs.
September 13, 2013
5:00 pm
Kevin Ivey

Life Member
Forum Posts: 262
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

For 2014 we’ll be tweaking last years rules & regulations just a bit for shooters competing for SOY honors. The following guidelines were discussed and voted on by all NZ Chapter Presidents at our NZ meeting, Sept. 9, 2013:

1. Shooter must compete in at least one of each chapter’s events in order to qualify for SOY. (In the event that any given chapter only has one shoot, shooters will be required to participate in that one shoot.) (It is important to note that care was taken when we established the shoot dates that no one chapter’s dates fell on a conflicting ASA event, etc.)
2. All scores will be accumulative. In other words, all scores will be counted toward a participant’s total at the NZ Championship. There will be NO drops.
3. Chapter Presidents, and/or a representative from said chapter will be responsible for the accuracy of scores posted, as these scores will be the actual scores being tallied by the Zone Director.
4. Accumulative scores will not be posted until exactly one month prior to the NZ Championship. (June 12, 2014)
5. Top 4 shooters will be peered together at the NZ Championship, and those 4 shooters will go in at “0”.

Motivations behind above rules & regs:
1, To promote participation, and at the same time help every chapter with their expenses, i.e., target purchases, etc., etc. And, to assure all shooters that we took every conflicting event into account that might prevent someone from attending at least one of each chapter’s shoots.
2. To convey to all shooters that every point “counts”, and to place in all competitor’s minds to be “on your game”, and if any given shooter has a “bad day”, it’s going to show up. The end result should be one of the best, if not THE best, deserving winner for SOY.
3. Self explanatory.
4. To prevent the possibility of shooters who “know” where they stand in the race to opt to miss a chapter’s 2nd shoot, further promoting participation.
5. Leveling the playing field for the top 4 shooters.

The following users say thank you to Kevin Ivey for this useful post:

nighthunter, aeroforce100, headshot, Mike Crenshaw

Kevin Ivey
President
Marshall County Bowhunters
Life Member #133

September 14, 2013
7:40 am
aeroforce100

Life Member
Forum Posts: 72

Sounds good! really like the part about NO DROPS!

December 31, 2013
11:30 pm
Mike Crenshaw
110 pintlalla place, new market, al 35761

Forum Posts: 490

after noon aeroforce ex 278 acr here, retired in feb 2012 due to medical issues. or i would go another round:)i wonder if i met you at ntc?

MIKE CRENSHAW RETIRED oif veteran Bear Attitude r t h MY CHAIN OF COMMAND1GOD/2 FAMILY/3 HUNTING IN THAT ORDER.my cell phone is 256-698-1606

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 305
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 6
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Larry McAfee: 758
Mike Crenshaw: 490
Mike Honaker: 475
Fatality: 415
headshot: 318
Kevin Ivey: 262
Hoytshooter: 258
Amanda Adams: 195
Larry Wood: 194
Scott Fletcher: 179
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 9
Members: 1108
Moderators: 4
Admins: 4
Forum Stats:
Groups: 10
Forums: 82
Topics: 2663
Newest Members:
Devin Pool, Thomas Bronson, Christi Osborne, Wyatt Anderson, Matthew Connell, Nic Gillott, jason whisenant, Kevin Rackard, Tyler Schrack, Anthony Blanchard
Moderators: msproctor: 265, James Hornbuckle: 185, Sandra Patterson: 2, Connie Crews: 0
Administrators: BHA Webmaster: 217, Shane Bates: 99, Ginger Boland: 1, Jeff Boland: 3