Northern Zone rules |Tournament Information 2014|Forum|Bow Hunters of Alabama

A A A
Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
Northern Zone rules
January 13, 2014
7:27 pm
Chris Wilbanks

Forum Posts: 16
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

So can anyone tell me why the northern zone didn’t adopt the new rules and classes that the central and southern zones did.

January 13, 2014
8:04 pm
Darryl Moore

Forum Posts: 24

its not the rules if it was you would be shooting them at trail shoots and the state shoots think about that

take a kid shooting then one day he may take you

January 14, 2014
6:19 am
Kevin Ivey

Life Member
Forum Posts: 262

Chris Wilbanks said

So can anyone tell me why the northern zone didn’t adopt th e new rules and classes that the central and southern zones did.

Chris, what the CZ & SZ is doing is “experimental” for lack of a better term, to see if it will attract more shooters. It has no bearing on current BHA rules (some of which could change) nor will it affect the rules that will be in play at trail shoots or the state shoot. At the last NZ meeting all presidents voted unanimously to observe current BHA rules. If you have a question or suggestion, please contact your chapter president.

Kevin Ivey
President
Marshall County Bowhunters
Life Member #133

January 14, 2014
7:31 am
Chris Wilbanks

OK I know that it isn’t gonna be actual BHA rules but if they are gonna do it as a ”experimental” thing to try and draw more shooters. Why isn’t the north zone also trying this at chapter shoots…….Just Curious…….

January 14, 2014
1:59 pm
Kevin Ivey

Life Member

Chris Wilbanks said

OK I know that it isn’t gonna be actual BHA rules but if they are gonna do it as a ”experimental” thing to try and draw more shooters. Why isn’t the north zone also trying this at chapter shoots…….Just Curious…….

Chris, that’s a good question, one that I think will be answered after the Feb. board meeting. As it is right now, any individual chapter can do whatever they want in regard to rules, etc., at the local shoots. To cut down on confusion though, the NZ Presidents agreed unanimously to stick to the current BHA rules. Again, whatever the individual chapter wants to do is absolutely fine, keeping in mind that at trail shoots & the state shoot, BHA rules will be followed. I feel that there will be several things to change after the Feb. meeting. Stay tuned!Wink

The following users say thank you to Kevin Ivey for this useful post:

Mike Crenshaw

Kevin Ivey
President
Life Member #133

January 14, 2014
6:35 pm
Brent Wilbanks
Pisgah

Forum Posts: 67

Yall don’t mind Chris. He’s just upset that I’ve killed more deer this year than he has.

The following users say thank you to Brent Wilbanks for this useful post:

nighthunter

bamahuntin.com

January 15, 2014
6:12 am
Kevin Ivey

Life Member

Well Brent, if he’s killed one he’s killed more than I have!Frown

Kevin Ivey
President
Life Member #133

January 15, 2014
9:59 am
Larry McAfee
Tuscaloosa/Northport, AL

Life Member
Forum Posts: 758

Just a follow-up about the “experiment” we will have in the Central & Southern Zones…

Preliminary surveys of potential new members and shooters met at the Tuscaloosa Archery Park indicate that many are excited about the Bowhunter Extreme Class. Many of the ASA shooters showed positive feedback with the other changes (known yardage and speed limits).

The concensus from our Central & Southern Chapters was to be flexible enough to draw more shooters to our 3-D shoots. This year should be a fair indication if it will work….but, we realize that we must communicate, advertise and spread the word to realize positive results.

BHA realized a need for a Crossbow Class this past year by adding a Crossbow Class. Again, this will indicate that we (BHA) are trying to embrace more shooters and become more diversified in our rules and our thinking.

If we are to grow, we need to have a product that people will want….and advertise it.

The following users say thank you to Larry McAfee for this useful post:

Fatality, Mike Crenshaw
January 15, 2014
11:57 am
Mike Crenshaw
110 pintlalla place, new market, al 35761

Forum Posts: 490

larry i do belive your mindset hits the nail on the head great job :)

MIKE CRENSHAW RETIRED oif veteran Bear Attitude r t h MY CHAIN OF COMMAND1GOD/2 FAMILY/3 HUNTING IN THAT ORDER.my cell phone is 256-698-1606

January 15, 2014
12:02 pm
Mike Crenshaw
110 pintlalla place, new market, al 35761

Forum Posts: 490

kevin i agree we should do this.

Kevin Ivey said

Chris Wilbanks said

Chris, that’s a good question, one that I think will be answered after the Feb. board meeting. As it is right now, any individual chapter can do whatever they want in regard to rules, etc., at the local shoots. To cut down on confusion though, the NZ Presidents agreed unanimously to stick to the current BHA rules. Again, whatever the individual chapter wants to do is absolutely fine, keeping in mind that at trail shoots & the state shoot, BHA rules will be followed. I feel that there will be several things to change after the Feb. meeting. Stay tuned!Wink

MIKE CRENSHAW RETIRED oif veteran Bear Attitude r t h MY CHAIN OF COMMAND1GOD/2 FAMILY/3 HUNTING IN THAT ORDER.my cell phone is 256-698-1606

January 15, 2014
1:59 pm
Brent Wilbanks
Pisgah

Kevin Ivey said

Well Brent, if he’s killed one he’s killed more than I have!Frown

Buncha slackers

bamahuntin.com

January 15, 2014
6:45 pm
Chris Wilbanks

It’s really surprising that Brent has killed anything. He can’t ever get his lazy tail outta bed in the mornings but yes he has killed more deer then I have. He’s now known as the Doe commander.

January 16, 2014
6:17 pm
Brent Wilbanks
Pisgah

We’ll just take this sibling squabble off here and settle this the oldfashioned way.

The following users say thank you to Brent Wilbanks for this useful post:

Mike Crenshaw

bamahuntin.com

January 16, 2014
10:28 pm
BubbaB

Life Member
Forum Posts: 127

Hey Brent , when you get finished whipping your brother, could you tell me where your new range is for the Jackson CO shoot? It will be good to see you guys, black eyes and all. THANKS

January 17, 2014
5:28 pm
Brent Wilbanks
Pisgah

It will still be at Goosepond for this first shoot. We don’t have all the particulars worked out on the other place yet.

bamahuntin.com

January 21, 2014
2:05 pm
headshot

Forum Posts: 318

Brent Wilbanks said

It will still be at Goosepond for this first shoot. We don’t have all the particulars worked out on the other place yet.

somebody needs to post that. i have had a ton of people asking where the new range is

The following users say thank you to headshot for this useful post:

nighthunter
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 305
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 14
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Larry McAfee: 758
Mike Crenshaw: 490
Mike Honaker: 475
Fatality: 415
headshot: 318
Kevin Ivey: 262
Hoytshooter: 258
Amanda Adams: 195
Larry Wood: 194
Scott Fletcher: 179
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 9
Members: 1108
Moderators: 4
Admins: 4
Forum Stats:
Groups: 10
Forums: 82
Topics: 2663
Newest Members:
Devin Pool, Thomas Bronson, Christi Osborne, Wyatt Anderson, Matthew Connell, Nic Gillott, jason whisenant, Kevin Rackard, Tyler Schrack, Anthony Blanchard
Moderators: msproctor: 265, James Hornbuckle: 185, Sandra Patterson: 2, Connie Crews: 0
Administrators: BHA Webmaster: 217, Shane Bates: 99, Ginger Boland: 1, Jeff Boland: 3