BHA CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES-COVINGTON COUNTY BOWHUNTERS JULY 11th & 12th|Tournament Information 2015|Forum|Bow Hunters of Alabama

A A A
Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
BHA CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES-COVINGTON COUNTY BOWHUNTERS JULY 11th & 12th
June 15, 2015
8:05 pm
Hoytshooter

Life Member
Forum Posts: 258
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

The third segment of the BHA CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES is coming up on July 11th & 12th at the Covington County Bowhunters 3D range located in Andalusia, Alabama. The range is located at the end of Jericho Road in Andalusia. Google maps shows the address as 336 Jericho Road in Andalusia, Alabama. If you are coming in from the northern part of the state, take I-65 to exit 114 and then left at the end of the off ramp onto highway 106 into Georgianna. Watch your speed as you move onto the 4 lane as it is 45 mph until you get past the Fred’s store on your right. The new bypass is then 55 mph for about a mile then goes to 65mph all of the way into River Falls at the intersection of highway 55 south and U.S. 84. Take a left onto U.S. 84 and it is about 4 miles until you come to the intersection of U.S. 84 and U.S. 29 south. Bear to your right at the traffic light here and stay on U.S. 29 south all of the way out until you pass by the Dodge/Nissan dealership on your right and look for Fletcher’s Sporting Goods on your right with the huge deer and bream out front and Brooklyn road will turn to your right and then go about 4/10 of a mile and at LEsters Auto Salvage(Coke Sign) Jericho Road turns to your right. Go all the way to the dead end of the road and the range is located here. If you need specific directions from your location, please call me and I will be glad to get them to you. 334-504-8624 is my cell number.
The range is ready. We have 20 targets that we had George repair for us and they will be all new midsections on them. As most of you know that have used his targets before they are very good quality and with the new molds that he uses they are very clear and defined scoring rings molded into the foam. The range has been setup and targets moved to new locations so that it will be a new setup for everyone to enjoy. It will be a 25 target course with the start on both days being 8am and last card out at 3pm both days. Again, if you have any questions or need information that I have not addressed, please give me a call and I will get back with you ASAP. Thanks!

The following users say thank you to Hoytshooter for this useful post:

Kevin Ivey, headshot, William Chapman, Larry Wood, Larry McAfee, Mike Honaker
June 16, 2015
8:33 pm
msproctor

Life Member
Forum Posts: 265

Thanks Danny!

Mark Proctor
Past BHA President 2011-2015
Lifemember #63

June 18, 2015
2:55 pm
Larry McAfee
Tuscaloosa/Northport, AL

Life Member
Forum Posts: 758

Been missin’ you, Danny. Hope to see you when we come to the shoot.

July 5, 2015
8:56 pm
Hoytshooter

Life Member

We had a couple of thunderstorms in the area over the past couple of days and I will be going by the range to make sure that it has survived and there are no limbs etc. on the course. We are looking forward to hosting the final segment of the BHA Trail Shoot Series and hope that everyone will drive safely on their way to Andalusia.

headshot, Larry McAfee, Mike Honaker
July 6, 2015
6:52 pm
Mike Honaker
Montgomery

Forum Posts: 475

What will be the 1/2 known and 1/2 unknown targets?

July 8, 2015
7:31 pm
Hoytshooter

Life Member

Targets one through twelve will be unknown for those classes that shoot half and half. Targets thirteen through twenty-five will be known distance. Thanks for the question as I had forgot to post that. Also, all of the targets have new scoring rings with upper and lower twelves except for the alligator and the turkey they will be center twleves only. Any more questions please let me know. Thanks!

Mike Honaker, Captain
July 8, 2015
8:21 pm
msproctor

Life Member
Forum Posts: 265

Gonna be a hot one, keep the water jugs flowing. See you Sunday Danny.

Mark Proctor
Past BHA President 2011-2015
Lifemember #63

July 8, 2015
10:10 pm
Hoytshooter

Life Member

We will have two portable bathrooms setup; one at the registration area and one half way through the course. We will also have three big water coolers and plenty of cold beverages as well. We will have four 8ft by 10 ft tarps setup over the practice area for shade for those that need to fire a few practice shots before they start the course. All of the course is in large timber with plenty of shade. We are trying to look ahead and anticipate anything that might be a problem for anyone. I am sure we may forget something but we are all trying very hard to make this a great shoot for everyone that will be driving so far to shoot with us. Everyone please drive safely and we look forward to seeing all of you this weekend.

Larry Wood, msproctor, Captain
July 9, 2015
7:46 pm
Captain
Birmingham

Forum Posts: 69

Hoytshooter said

We will have two portable bathrooms setup; one at the registration area and one half way through the course. We will also have three big water coolers and plenty of cold beverages as well. We will have four 8ft by 10 ft tarps setup over the practice area for shade for those that need to fire a few practice shots before they start the course. All of the course is in large timber with plenty of shade. We are trying to look ahead and anticipate anything that might be a problem for anyone. I am sure we may forget something but we are all trying very hard to make this a great shoot for everyone that will be driving so far to shoot with us. Everyone please drive safely and we look forward to seeing all of you this weekend.

Look forward to it. See you guys Sunday

July 11, 2015
8:12 pm
Mike Honaker
Montgomery

Forum Posts: 475

Wow. I am worn out. That was one tough course today. I did enjoy shooting with Patrick and Jeremy Crocker and all the bees.

The following users say thank you to Mike Honaker for this useful post:

Larry Wood
July 11, 2015
11:00 pm
Hoytshooter

Life Member

Thanks to everyone that came out today to shoot with us! It was so very hot and thanks again for braving the heat to compete today. It was an interesting day on the course. Had to spray a huge red wasp nest near the turkey and found another one that I will spray in the morning. Thanks again to everyone that made the trip down here and we look forward to everyone that called and said they were coming by tomorrow. Take care and drive safely!

July 12, 2015
10:12 am
Kevin Ivey

Life Member
Forum Posts: 262

Great course Danny; as much endurance as accurate shooting required, but fantastic still! I think my core temperature got back down to 100 deg. sometime early this morning as I slept. Enjoyed shooting with Tim Kohlenberg & Patrick Morrison! Everyone should try shooting with folks they’re not used to shooting with, or possibly a complete stranger! You’ d be amazed how fast you make a new friend! Great to see Patty & Ricky Vance….& Max!

Kevin Ivey
President
Marshall County Bowhunters
Life Member #133

July 12, 2015
5:19 pm
Captain
Birmingham

Forum Posts: 69

Very challenging course. Thanks for the multiple water stations….it was a very hot day. Good times!

July 12, 2015
5:56 pm
Hoytshooter

Life Member

Thank you so much for the great remarks on our range. Thanks to Rick and Patty Vance, James and Yvette Ennis and Betty Stokes and all of the rest of the Covington County Bowhunters for their help and support over the past 6 weeks getting the range ready and helping with door prizes and helping to keep the water coolers filled and the food hot and ready for our shooters. A huge vote of thanks to Charmen and Mike McAlpine for giving up their weekend to come down and spend the entire hot weekend helping us to register and keep track of scores for everyone that came to shoot. Without their valuable help we could not have put on such a good shoot. I am amazed at how many folks drove from all over the state to shoot with us and endured the heat and humidity to support our chapter. Thanks also to Todd White and his wife and Daughter for bringing the youth group from Atmore over to shoot with us and allowing them to participate in our event. All of them received a hat pin and a door prize and all of them told the girls at the registration table that they wanted to come back to our Cancer Shoot in September. Kids like this are the future of our sport and I am glad to see Blakelee doing such a great job with these children. Thanks again for all that came out this weekend and we hope to see a lot of you at the ASA in Cullman or the state shoot coming up pretty soon.

Captain
July 13, 2015
3:24 pm
Guests

Thanks for having us Danny. It was HOT but it was nice getting to meet everyone and spend the weekend in Andalusia. I will get the scores posted by tomorrow night.

The following users say thank you to Guest for this useful post:

Mike Honaker
July 13, 2015
5:32 pm
Hoytshooter

Life Member

Thank both of you for giving up a weekend to come down and help us get everyone registered and out onto the range in an efficient manner. We appreciate your dediction to this organization and it’s members.
I do want to apoligize for missing two of the green stakes for the youth on two targets. I have setup 3D courses under the old BHA rules for so long that it is hard to get used to the colors being in a different sequence than we used to do. Thanks to the parents that brought it to my attention and we got it resolved quickly. Everyone that I had the privelage to speak to said they could tell how hard we worked on the course and worked hard all weekend to keep water coolers filled and getting everyone in and parked and help them get through the hot day as well as we could. Thanks for all of the kind words and I will see many of you at ASA and the BHA shoots coming up in the next few weeks.

nighthunter
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 305
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 3
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Larry McAfee: 758
Mike Crenshaw: 490
Mike Honaker: 475
Fatality: 415
headshot: 318
Kevin Ivey: 262
Hoytshooter: 258
Amanda Adams: 195
Larry Wood: 194
Scott Fletcher: 179
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 9
Members: 1108
Moderators: 4
Admins: 4
Forum Stats:
Groups: 10
Forums: 82
Topics: 2664
Newest Members:
Devin Pool, Thomas Bronson, Christi Osborne, Wyatt Anderson, Matthew Connell, Nic Gillott, jason whisenant, Kevin Rackard, Tyler Schrack, Anthony Blanchard
Moderators: msproctor: 265, James Hornbuckle: 185, Sandra Patterson: 2, Connie Crews: 0
Administrators: BHA Webmaster: 217, Shane Bates: 99, Ginger Boland: 1, Jeff Boland: 3