Marshall County Shoot - Feb. 7th & 8th!!|Tournament Information 2015|Forum|Bow Hunters of Alabama

A A A
Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
Marshall County Shoot - Feb. 7th & 8th!!
January 28, 2015
10:27 am
Kevin Ivey

Life Member
Forum Posts: 262
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Marshall County Bowhunters will be hosting the 1st NZ shoot of the year, Feb. 7th & 8th! Both days will begin with shotgun starts (Saturday the 7th @ 10:00am & Sunday the 8th @ 1:00pm). Please arrive early enough to register, get warmed up, etc., as the registration process will most likely be more time consuming, considering our new ASA format! That said, for those who plan to be there, and to expedite matters, I would ask that you send me an e-mail @ dekivey@aol.com with your name/s, & the class/es you plan to shoot in, and I’ll have you “pre-registered”! Then, all you need do when you arrive is pay. It’s gonna be a BLAST, as we have new lanes, new McKenzie targets, and an “Excited to be back to shooting foam!” attitude! Also, we’ll be giving the shooters in the adult classes the option as to whether or not to shoot the regular shoot @ $15/entry, or for you “gamblers” out there, who want to shoot for $$$, $20/entry, keeping in mind that in order for there to be a payback, there must be at least 5 shooters in the same class with you! In the event that one enters for a payback, and there be less than 5 shooters, we will refund you $5. Just as “food for thought”, this could be an easy way to win your expenses for making the trip disappear! Wink There’ll be plenty of food & drinks for all! So, come on out, and let’s get this thing started off with a BANG!

Now, before the questions start blowing up this thread, the classes where there will be 1/2 Known & 1/2 Unknown yardages, i.e., Open B, targets #1 thru #10 will be UNKNOWN, & targets #11 thru #20 will be KNOWN (rangefinders allowed). We will do everything in our power to group classes together! However, considering the likelihood that there may be “mixed” groups, open conversation or discussion of yardages WILL NOT BE ALLOWED. So, at target #11 thru #20, use your rangefinders, and KEEP IT TO YOURSELF. And, although, this should go without saying, we WILL be monitoring the time rule (2 minutes for 1st shooter, 1 minute for the rest of the group). So, if for no other reason, bare that in mind, as a courtesy for the group/s behind you! Most of all, everyone come on out and enjoy the fellowship, the outdoors, & the FUN!

The following users say thank you to Kevin Ivey for this useful post:

Larry Wood, msproctor, nighthunter

Kevin Ivey
President
Marshall County Bowhunters
Life Member #133

January 28, 2015
11:02 am
Kevin Ivey

Life Member

I know it’s only been less than a half hour since I posted this thread! Even so, let me thank all of you who are filling up my e-mail box with pre-registrations! This will make my job Sooooooo much easier!…Laugh

Larry Wood

Kevin Ivey
President
Life Member #133

January 30, 2015
8:46 pm
Kevin Ivey

Life Member

Everyone please note that I’ve made an amendment to my previous statements regarding Known vs Unknown yardages out our shoot. I apologize for the confusion, but it was brought to my attention that in the essence of being completely fair, everyone would have to shoot the same Known, and the same Unknown targets.

Kevin Ivey
President
Life Member #133

January 31, 2015
6:13 pm
Kevin Ivey

Life Member

We had probably the biggest turn out for our shoot set up today that I can ever remember! Thanks so much to all the guys who helped! We’re completely ready, and the range is closed until next Saturday. I think this could be our best set up ever!

Larry Wood, headshot, bowstrang, nighthunter

Kevin Ivey
President
Life Member #133

February 4, 2015
12:57 pm
Kevin Ivey

Life Member

I should have said this earlier, but for those classes who have all, or part Known yardages, let me remind every one this applies to, to bring your rangefinder. Unlike an ASA event, we do not have any “neutral parties” who can go out and range the course for each class! So, that said, don’t forget your rangefinders. If you don’t own one, I’m sure someone will be glad to let you borrow theirs. We will not be handing out yardage cards.

nighthunter

Kevin Ivey
President
Life Member #133

February 4, 2015
9:14 pm
bowstrang

Forum Posts: 80

Lookin forward in to seeing everybody come out this weekend. Hope everybody comes out and has a great time. Remember we will have money classes if you want and also trophy classes. I really believe you all will have a blast on the new setup that we have. A lot of great guys put a lot of hard work on this range. Now with all this said, let’s get our stuff together and get to shooting. God bless and see you soon.

The following users say thank you to bowstrang for this useful post:

nighthunter, Larry Wood
February 6, 2015
3:28 am
bowstrang

Ok guys and gals. Just to keep this up a little longer. We have one more day till it all kicks off. Get your gear ready and come on out. See you all Saturday. Try to be early if all possible.

February 6, 2015
8:00 am
Larry Wood
Warrior/Hayden AL

Life Member
Forum Posts: 194

I am trying to make plans to be there Sunday…

The following users say thank you to Larry Wood for this useful post:

Kevin Ivey, bowstrang

Larry Wood

**Life Member #136**

Mathews Traverse, set up and tuned in with Crocker Custom BowStrings, Doinker Stabilizers, Axcel Sights, Carbon Express Arrows, and ZBro's Sight Light.

February 6, 2015
5:59 pm
bowstrang

Great weather for Shelby and Marshall this weekend. To everyone going, good luck. 16 hrs till shooooot immmmmm uppppp time.

February 7, 2015
3:48 pm
bowstrang

We had a awesome turn out today. God blessed us with great weather and we met a lot of new faces. It was nice seeing all of our old friends too. Thank you guys for coming out and do us a favor and tell some friends about us. We start shooting tomorrow at 1 so get there in plenty of time to warm up and sign in. See you tomorrow

The following users say thank you to bowstrang for this useful post:

nighthunter
February 7, 2015
4:43 pm
nighthunter
HOKES BLUFF AL

Life Member
Forum Posts: 124

Awesome Job Marshall County bowhunters,one tough dang course !!!!

February 7, 2015
5:30 pm
msproctor

Life Member
Forum Posts: 265

Great weather and a challenging course today. Had a fun group too with R.L., Darren, Pete and John. Good to see everybody today.

The following users say thank you to msproctor for this useful post:

bowstrang, Kevin Ivey, nighthunter

Mark Proctor
Past BHA President 2011-2015
Lifemember #63

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 305
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 16
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Larry McAfee: 758
Mike Crenshaw: 490
Mike Honaker: 475
Fatality: 415
headshot: 318
Kevin Ivey: 262
Hoytshooter: 258
Amanda Adams: 195
Larry Wood: 194
Scott Fletcher: 179
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 9
Members: 1108
Moderators: 4
Admins: 4
Forum Stats:
Groups: 10
Forums: 82
Topics: 2663
Newest Members:
Devin Pool, Thomas Bronson, Christi Osborne, Wyatt Anderson, Matthew Connell, Nic Gillott, jason whisenant, Kevin Rackard, Tyler Schrack, Anthony Blanchard
Moderators: msproctor: 265, James Hornbuckle: 185, Sandra Patterson: 2, Connie Crews: 0
Administrators: BHA Webmaster: 217, Shane Bates: 99, Ginger Boland: 1, Jeff Boland: 3