North Zone Champioship March 14 and 15|Page 2|Tournament Information 2015|Forum|Bow Hunters of Alabama

A A A
Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
North Zone Champioship March 14 and 15
March 15, 2015
9:50 pm
Fatality

Life Member
Forum Posts: 415
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Thanks to Jimmy Jenkins and everyone at Heritage for a great shoot. Don’t forget the next leg is at Autauga!! Guess we need to find some additional parking. :-)

The following users say thank you to Fatality for this useful post:

Mandy Owens
March 16, 2015
7:21 am
Jimmy Jenkins

Forum Posts: 13

Thanks everyone that came out and Shot. I hope everyone enjoyed it. We did have a little learning curve on new format but think we have a setup to be successful for both BHA and the local chapters. Was great to have so many kids out, it was more than I’ve seen at a BHA shoot in years, We have a couple groups I’d like to thank for that Scolastic 3D and Bustin Knocks for all your doing the efforts and time is appreciated. Due to success of tournament we was able give a Student Team award for the Student Archery. New Hope came in first place and recived $200 for their program. Sardis came in second and will receive $100 for their program. Congrats to both teams and all our winners. Be patient it will taket a couple days to verify all scores and get them posted. We will get the door prizes posted and make arrangements to get them delivered or mailed out. Thanks to all our club members that worked so hard make this week a success.
Jimmy Jenkins
Heritage Archery Club

The following users say thank you to Jimmy Jenkins for this useful post:

Darryl Moore, nighthunter, headshot, Casey Milby, Pass thru, Mandy Owens, Fatality, bowstrang
March 16, 2015
10:16 am
Mandy Owens

Forum Posts: 1

Thank u for mentioning Bustin’ Nocks2. We appreciate the kind words. Our kids are doing extremely well this season and each and every one of our parents are excited to be able to do what we can for our kids. Thank u for allowing us to come and visit so our kids can participate and compete in a sport they surely love.

The following users say thank you to Mandy Owens for this useful post:

nighthunter, Amanda Adams
March 16, 2015
11:49 am
Guests

Mandy Owens said

Thank u for mentioning Bustin’ Nocks2. We appreciate the kind words. Our kids are doing extremely well this season and each and every one of our parents are excited to be able to do what we can for our kids. Thank u for allowing us to come and visit so our kids can participate and compete in a sport they surely love.

Bustin’ Nocks y’all are always welcome at any shoot. Great to meet y’all this weekend. Hope to see you all on the range again real soon.

The following users say thank you to Guest for this useful post:

Keith Slappey, Fatality, Maxie Kizzire~~Life Member # 130
March 17, 2015
5:45 am
bnsefcik

Forum Posts: 16

I heard that if you weren’t present at the award ceremony following the NZ championship that you won’t be receiving a pay out if you placed high enough to receive one. Is that true?? I don’t shoot for the money anyway but was just wondering. I was out of state Sun. quail hunting. My first time and IT WAS GREAT. Also, if that is true, will that be the case following the CZ & SZ championships as well?? Thanks!!

March 17, 2015
8:00 am
Chris Hann
athens alabama

Forum Posts: 44

That shouldnt be the case. I havent heard about that anywhere. Doubt i was high enough in my class anyway. Was shooting 8 up then messed up 3 targets before the end and then finished with two 12s. Only takes one bad shot to lose it all

Hoyt Podium X 37, Hoyt Faktor turbo,60x Custom Strings Staff Shooter, Black Eagle Arrows Staff Shooter

March 17, 2015
8:12 am
bnsefcik

I know Chris. I shot a 5 & too many 8s which bumped me down to 3rd place. Hard to make up a 5, especially shooting 8s. Haha!! I ended up shooting 9 down. :o/

March 17, 2015
8:32 am
Guests

bnsefcik said

I heard that if you weren’t present at the award ceremony following the NZ championship that you won’t be receiving a pay out if you placed high enough to receive one. Is that true?? I don’t shoot for the money anyway but was just wondering. I was out of state Sun. quail hunting. My first time and IT WAS GREAT. Also, if that is true, will that be the case following the CZ & SZ championships as well?? Thanks!!

Absolutely NOT. If you received a payout checks will be mailed to your address if you are a member. If you are not a member we will try our best to get in touch with you to get you your check. We did not expect everyone to hang around for that. We did give out checks to the ones that did stay for the awards.

bnsefcik
March 17, 2015
8:32 am
msproctor

Life Member
Forum Posts: 265

Payouts at state events are never given at the end of a shoot. Winners will get them in the mail usually in a couple weeks.

The following users say thank you to msproctor for this useful post:

bnsefcik

Mark Proctor
Past BHA President 2011-2015
Lifemember #63

March 17, 2015
8:33 am
Guests

I will post scores tonight and will designate how many places for each class had a payout so everyone will know. I think that will cut down on confusion.

bnsefcik, Casey Milby
March 17, 2015
8:36 am
Guests

Scores will be posted tonight!!!!! I am almost finished reconciling the spreadsheet. Thanks to everyone for their patience.

Casey Milby, Mandy Owens, nighthunter, Fatality
March 17, 2015
8:51 am
bnsefcik

Thanks a lot!! I figured someone was unintentionally giving out misinformation.
Thanks for a wonderful shoot!! Everyone I’ve introduced to archery has absolutely loved it & is now addicted as well. Wouldn’t be so easy if it weren’t for BHA being such a great organization.

The following users say thank you to bnsefcik for this useful post:

Casey Milby, nighthunter, Fatality
March 17, 2015
10:35 am
Chris Hann
athens alabama

bnsefcik said

I know Chris. I shot a 5 & too many 8s which bumped me down to 3rd place. Hard to make up a 5, especially shooting 8s. Haha!! I ended up shooting 9 down. :o/

What class was you shooting in? Yea i hear ya i didnt shoot no 5s but i shot 4 down with a zero 3 targets from the end. Made me ill but it happens sometimes. O well. Get em next time

Hoyt Podium X 37, Hoyt Faktor turbo,60x Custom Strings Staff Shooter, Black Eagle Arrows Staff Shooter

March 17, 2015
7:47 pm
Fatality

Life Member
Forum Posts: 415

Chris Hann said

bnsefcik said

What class was you shooting in? Yea i hear ya i didnt shoot no 5s but i shot 4 down with a zero 3 targets from the end. Made me ill but it happens sometimes. O well. Get em next time

4 down with a blank is some good shooting

March 17, 2015
7:59 pm
Chris Hann
athens alabama

Thank you. i practice alot about 6 days a week. But at the end of the day them little mistakes will break you and not make you place good or win a class. Its still all fun and that was a great course.it was my 1st time being at a tournament with you all. Im a new member

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 305
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 14
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Larry McAfee: 758
Mike Crenshaw: 490
Mike Honaker: 475
Fatality: 415
headshot: 318
Kevin Ivey: 262
Hoytshooter: 258
Amanda Adams: 195
Larry Wood: 194
Scott Fletcher: 179
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 9
Members: 1108
Moderators: 4
Admins: 4
Forum Stats:
Groups: 10
Forums: 82
Topics: 2663
Newest Members:
Devin Pool, Thomas Bronson, Christi Osborne, Wyatt Anderson, Matthew Connell, Nic Gillott, jason whisenant, Kevin Rackard, Tyler Schrack, Anthony Blanchard
Moderators: msproctor: 265, James Hornbuckle: 185, Sandra Patterson: 2, Connie Crews: 0
Administrators: BHA Webmaster: 217, Shane Bates: 99, Ginger Boland: 1, Jeff Boland: 3