1st Leg SOYT -Shooter of the Year Trail|2016 Tournament Info|Forum|Bow Hunters of Alabama

A A A
Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
1st Leg SOYT -Shooter of the Year Trail
March 9, 2016
10:22 am
Guests

The 1st Leg of the SOYT will be held this weekend in Monroe County. Registration will begin at 8 am and last card out at 3 pm both days. The address for the range is 580 H. Kyle Road, Atmore, AL 36502

Take I-65 to exit 57 and get off onto highway 21. If you are coming south on I-65 when you come off of the ramp take a right onto highway 21 and go to mile marker 18 on Highway 21 and look for the signs If you are coming north on I-65 and come off of the ramp take a left and follow the instructions above..

Fees will be $30 for all payback classes and $10 for all non-payback classes.

BRING YOUR BOOTS! IT LOOKS LIKE IT MAY RAIN ON SATURDAY!

But don’t let that deter you. A little rain never hurt anyone and may make it fun. It is supposed to be nice temperature wise.

You don’t have to be a member to shoot but you will need to be a member by March 31 if you are shooting for Shooter of the Year. You can become a member onsite or online.

March 9, 2016
2:02 pm
Beverly Hay

Forum Posts: 61
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Does this fee include the Scholastic 3D fee for the ones that are in that? I know they wil be using the same scores but didn’t know if it would cost more for the kids in the Scholastic 3D program.

March 9, 2016
2:37 pm
Guests

Beverly Hay said

Does this fee include the Scholastic 3D fee for the ones that are in that? I know they wil be using the same scores but didn’t know if it would cost more for the kids in the Scholastic 3D program.

We have an agreement with S3DA that it will not cost the kids more on the SOYT or State Championship shoots this year. So, yes for this year it will include the S3DA shoot fees.

It does not include their S3DA membership dues.

March 9, 2016
3:11 pm
Beverly Hay

Forum Posts: 61

Ok. Thanks! See yall down there!!

March 9, 2016
4:03 pm
Guests

Safe travels. See y’all there.

The following users say thank you to Guest for this useful post:

Beverly Hay
March 11, 2016
6:25 am
Cole Byrd

Life Member
Forum Posts: 15

We have the range ready to go. Just a few more things left to do but we are ready , hope you are. Bring you hiking shoes , only had one wet spot yesterday but we will see what we get when the rain starts. As far as directions , these are good just go to mile marker number 18 on Highway 21 and you will see the signs. We are located about 1 mile south of the main gate to the park. Any questions just call me at 251-862-2131. Thanks and have safe travels Cole

The following users say thank you to Cole Byrd for this useful post:

Jamie Selvage
March 11, 2016
9:38 am
Guests

Cole Byrd said

We have the range ready to go. Just a few more things left to do but we are ready , hope you are. Bring you hiking shoes , only had one wet spot yesterday but we will see what we get when the rain starts. As far as directions , these are good just go to mile marker number 18 on Highway 21 and you will see the signs. We are located about 1 mile south of the main gate to the park. Any questions just call me at 251-862-2131. Thanks and have safe travels Cole

I corrected the directions above in my original post. Thanks

Jamie Selvage
March 13, 2016
7:21 pm
Chris Vines

Forum Posts: 49

Thanks for a very enjoyable course today!!! It was defiantly worth the 3 1/2 hour drive… I got to shoot with a great group of shooters today!! Thanks for a great 1st leg Monroe county.

The following users say thank you to Chris Vines for this useful post:

Larry Wood
March 13, 2016
7:46 pm
Mike Honaker
Montgomery

Forum Posts: 475

I almost enjoyed shooting with the group I was in today. They said they are my friends but Im not sure…….
I think I need to go ahead and buy a case of Cokes. Kevin, Chris, Leldon, Phil, and whats his name. . Hope you enjoyed.

Thanks Monroe for a great course. !!!!!!!!

March 13, 2016
8:06 pm
Leldon Futral

Forum Posts: 100

Great day of shooting and very shooter friendly! Great job Monroe county! I laughed enough for the whole year while shooting with my group

March 13, 2016
9:01 pm
Charles Smith

Forum Posts: 138

I was in the best group ever. I have never had so much fun and laughed so much in my life in a tournament. Loved the course just to bad I could not shoot worth a flip today. Thanks Mike ( dung ) for all the laughs and once again for that very wonderful tasting coke.

Charles Smith-
VP Alexander City archery club

March 14, 2016
7:09 am
Larry Wood
Warrior/Hayden AL

Life Member
Forum Posts: 194

I had a great day shooting foam as well… Also we had a great group consisting of, Kristi, Blakeley, Linnea, Haylee, and Myself.
Special Thanks to Blakeley for taking the time out to help Haylee with her first time out with a bow…

Thanks Monroe for a GREAT 1st Leg SOTY Tournament.

Larry Wood

**Life Member #136**

Mathews Traverse, set up and tuned in with Crocker Custom BowStrings, Doinker Stabilizers, Axcel Sights, Carbon Express Arrows, and ZBro's Sight Light.

March 14, 2016
9:25 am
Guests

Thanks all that came and shot!!!! It was an awesome weekend. I was surrounded by great people all weekend. Old friends and many new ones also.

We had 159 shooters for the weekend. I will get scores posted tonight as I have some ties to break and it was LATE when we got home last night. So I ask that you please be patient until later tonight. I will work on them as soon as I get home from my day job.

Thank you to all that helped make this a very successful shoot. Monroe County, this was a top notch SOYT!!!! You have set the bar high for the next 2 Legs. We could not have asked for a better weekend.

Cheryl Carr, William Chapman, Larry Wood, Bobby Hubbard
March 14, 2016
5:38 pm
Jamie Selvage

Forum Posts: 64

Mr. Cole Byrd, congratulations on a very well placed range. I found the range, from the white stake, to be challenging. I enjoyed the walk through the area just as much as I did shooting. You have everything it takes to make a great range from up and downs to ditches and places where “I can’t judge that from here”. Ya’ll did an awesome job, and your efforts does not go unnoticed. I am Glad to have brought our High School team and they showed up and showed out. They had a ball. Thanks again for a challenging and fun shoot. Jamie Selvage Madison County Bowhunters President.

March 14, 2016
8:41 pm
msproctor

Life Member
Forum Posts: 265

great job Monroe! The course and terrain was great, a really fun course to shoot. Thanks to all who came to support you guys. You may have set a trail shoot attendance record, aside from a State shoot.

The following users say thank you to msproctor for this useful post:

Beverly Hay, nighthunter

Mark Proctor
Past BHA President 2011-2015
Lifemember #63

March 15, 2016
9:04 am
Cole Byrd

Life Member
Forum Posts: 15

I would like to personally say THANK YOU to all the ones that made the trip down to our shoot this weekend. I know it was a ride for all, heck it took some two days, just joking, I hope all had a great time and enjoyed it all. If you missed the food you missed a treat also. I cannot take the credit for it all, it took all our members hard work to pull this weekend off. I would like to say Thank you to Charmen for her handling the registration for us , she remembers the names of people and knows how to place the shooters in the right classes. I hope all the SOTY shoots are as great as I think this one was. AGAIN THANKS TO ALL THAT CAME AND ENJOYED THE DEEP SOUTH Cole

The following users say thank you to Cole Byrd for this useful post:

nighthunter, Beverly Hay, Larry McAfee
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 305
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 7
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Larry McAfee: 758
Mike Crenshaw: 490
Mike Honaker: 475
Fatality: 415
headshot: 318
Kevin Ivey: 262
Hoytshooter: 258
Amanda Adams: 195
Larry Wood: 194
Scott Fletcher: 179
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 9
Members: 1108
Moderators: 4
Admins: 4
Forum Stats:
Groups: 10
Forums: 82
Topics: 2663
Newest Members:
Devin Pool, Thomas Bronson, Christi Osborne, Wyatt Anderson, Matthew Connell, Nic Gillott, jason whisenant, Kevin Rackard, Tyler Schrack, Anthony Blanchard
Moderators: msproctor: 265, James Hornbuckle: 185, Sandra Patterson: 2, Connie Crews: 0
Administrators: BHA Webmaster: 217, Shane Bates: 99, Ginger Boland: 1, Jeff Boland: 3