ASA Pro/Am Foley, Alabama|2016 Tournament Info|Forum|Bow Hunters of Alabama

A A A
Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
ASA Pro/Am Foley, Alabama
August 30, 2015
5:40 pm
Hoytshooter

Life Member
Forum Posts: 258
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Betty and I just got back from a quick road trip down to Foley, Alabama to check out the Gulf Shores/Orange Beach area and had a great time. I had narrowed it down to staying at the Caribe resort at Orange Beach or Gulf State Park near Gulf Shores. The Caribe was awesome but very pricy and it was a three night stay so we drove over to Gulf State Park and talked to the young lady at the registration desk. She showed us a small photo album of their many cabins and we were able to pick out one that was very nice and not too much on the pocketbook and we got it for Friday and Saturday night. It is only minutes from the Graham Creek Nature PReserve where the pro/am is being held in Foley. There are a lot more choices around there and February is not in their peak season so rates aren’t too bad. The beach may not be a huge attraction in February if it is cold but it was very nice down there today.
The Graham Creek Nature Preserve is a great place to host an event like this. It already has an archery park in place with practice bags and an elevated platform to shoot from. It is out from town a short drive but not too far to be a long drive. I think this is going to be a great place to start the 3D season in 2016 in Alabama. Hope a lot of you will make plans now to book a place to stay and places to visit while you are there. My wife says there is a huge outlet mall not too far away and she is sure she can find at least a couple of shops to look around in while I shoot.(LOL)>
I hope that all of you have a great archery season coming up soon and that you will have some great hunting stories to tell me when February gets here…Take care and please be safe in the woods this winter and make it back for next 3D season….

August 31, 2015
8:32 am
aeroforce100

Life Member
Forum Posts: 72
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

If you are planning on staying at Gulf State Park, you had better hope that the State legislature and the Governor start seeing eye to eye on the FY2016 budget. ALL State parks might be closing, (Including Oak Mtn) if a budget can not be realized.

The following users say thank you to aeroforce100 for this useful post:

headshot, Mike Honaker
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 305
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 3
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Larry McAfee: 758
Mike Crenshaw: 490
Mike Honaker: 475
Fatality: 415
headshot: 318
Kevin Ivey: 262
Hoytshooter: 258
Amanda Adams: 195
Larry Wood: 194
Scott Fletcher: 179
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 9
Members: 1109
Moderators: 4
Admins: 4
Forum Stats:
Groups: 10
Forums: 82
Topics: 2665
Newest Members:
Lisa Varnerbaby61295@yahoo.com, Devin Pool, Thomas Bronson, Christi Osborne, Wyatt Anderson, Matthew Connell, Nic Gillott, jason whisenant, Kevin Rackard, Tyler Schrack
Moderators: msproctor: 265, James Hornbuckle: 186, Sandra Patterson: 2, Connie Crews: 0
Administrators: BHA Webmaster: 217, Shane Bates: 99, Ginger Boland: 1, Jeff Boland: 3