Covington County Bowhunters new range and first shoot of the year.....|2016 Tournament Info|Forum|Bow Hunters of Alabama

A A A
Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
Covington County Bowhunters new range and first shoot of the year.....
March 9, 2016
8:12 pm
Hoytshooter

Life Member
Forum Posts: 258
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

We have been working very hard over the past several weeks to get our new range ready for the upcoming 3D season. Thanks to James and Yvette Ennis, Jonathon Brown, Rick and Patti Vance and Buster Stone and his son Michael for jumping in and helping to move the range and storage shed to our new location. It took a couple of tractors and trailers and a lot of hard work to get everything moved but we finally made it to the new range. Thanks to Phillip and Cindy Peebles for allowing us to bring the range to their property and doing a lot of the range preperation all winter to get ready for our first shoot of the year. They went in and cut a lot of trails and cleared a lot of brush out of the way to make room for targets and to make sure they were safely done. We are excited about our new range and our first shoot of the year and hope that you will make the trip to shoot with us. if you didn’t catch the new address in my other post, the address is 25434 Zacchini Road near Red Level, Alabama. It is located on U.S, 84 between I-65 and Riverfalls on the way to Andalusia. If you need driving directions from your location, please send me a message and I will get back to you. Thanks

The following users say thank you to Hoytshooter for this useful post:

nighthunter
March 11, 2016
4:45 am
Wes

Forum Posts: 12

Looking forward to it!

March 18, 2016
10:38 pm
Hoytshooter

Life Member

Not sure about the weather tomorow. Hope we can get this first one in but will have to wait and see what the weather does in the morning. Might want to bring your boots just in case. Everyone drive safely and we hope to see you in the morning. It is set for a 10 am shotgun start but we will let groups go out early if they would like to try and beat the rain. I will try to be at the range by 8am and see how it looks then. take care, drive safely and we look forward to our first shoot of the year…..

March 20, 2016
9:26 pm
Guests

Please update us on the shoot Danny. Hope y’all had a great turnout. Sorry I couldn’t make it.

March 21, 2016
7:00 pm
Hoytshooter

Life Member

Posted scores on the 3D tournament scores page. We had a light turnout I think due to spring break and threat of rain early that morning. We had several first time shooters and saw a lot of old friends return for another year of shooting. We hosted the final shoot of the year for the Covington County Youth Archery Association for all of the school kids on Sunday afternoon. We had 37 kids of all ages and grades from the county schools come out and shoot. Tracey Simmons and his family have worked hard the last couple of years to keep this program going for the school kids. Thanks to all of the parents that stepped up to be range officials for the groups. We had a great time watching the kids shoot and we hope that they had a great time as well. Looks like a great start to a new 3D season and we look forward to the rest of the year…

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 305
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 12
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Larry McAfee: 758
Mike Crenshaw: 490
Mike Honaker: 475
Fatality: 415
headshot: 318
Kevin Ivey: 262
Hoytshooter: 258
Amanda Adams: 195
Larry Wood: 194
Scott Fletcher: 179
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 9
Members: 1108
Moderators: 4
Admins: 4
Forum Stats:
Groups: 10
Forums: 82
Topics: 2663
Newest Members:
Devin Pool, Thomas Bronson, Christi Osborne, Wyatt Anderson, Matthew Connell, Nic Gillott, jason whisenant, Kevin Rackard, Tyler Schrack, Anthony Blanchard
Moderators: msproctor: 265, James Hornbuckle: 185, Sandra Patterson: 2, Connie Crews: 0
Administrators: BHA Webmaster: 217, Shane Bates: 99, Ginger Boland: 1, Jeff Boland: 3