Lion's Club Benefit Shoot|2016 Tournament Info|Forum|Bow Hunters of Alabama

A A A
Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
Lion's Club Benefit Shoot
June 11, 2016
10:33 am
Wayne Wilson

Forum Posts: 41
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

thumbnail_LionARCHERY-2.jpgImage Enlarger

The Tuscaloosa County Bowhunters will be hosting a Charity shoot on June 25-26 to benefit the Northport Lion’s Club. The shoot will be located at the Archery Park at the Faucett Center, PARA, located on Rose Blvd, in Northport, Alabama. The shoot will start each day at 8:00 am and the last shooters will be at 3:00 each day. Door prizes will be award each day based on a drawing. The Lion’s Club will provide the food for the shoot. We are getting some really nice door prizes to include: 50 Cal, CVA black powder rifle, New Breed Bow, Fishing outfits, Gift Certificates, and more to come. We will also have a Novelty Shoot at a full size LION target. This shoot promises to be fun for the whole family and we encourage your support for a good cause. Youth up to 12 years of age will shoot free. All proceeds will go to the Northport Lion’s Club. Entry Fee will be $15.00 for first round and $7.00 for each additional round. Each round will give you a ticket for door prize drawing.

Wayne Wilson
Tuscaloosa County Bowhunters

sp_PlupAttachments Attachments

The following users say thank you to Wayne Wilson for this useful post:

Jamie Selvage
June 11, 2016
11:41 am
Larry McAfee
Tuscaloosa/Northport, AL

Life Member
Forum Posts: 758

I know some are going to ASA, but this will be a great shoot with a shot at a lot of door prizes, a “spilt the pot” novelty shoot at the lion, and a wonderful time to help the Lions Club towards efforts to help people with sight problems.
Join us for a weekend of archery, food, fun and fellowship…and PRIZES!!!!

The following users say thank you to Larry McAfee for this useful post:

Jamie Selvage
June 21, 2016
2:39 pm
Wayne Wilson

Hey Guys and Gals,

The Lion’s Club benefit shoot in Tuscaloosa County is really shaping up to be a real good one! Every day more and more door prizes are being added. We will also purchase some additional prizes just prior to this weekend. Hope you are making plans to attend. Great fun and good food for a great cause! All proceeds will go to the Northport Lion’s Club for their many mission projects. Hope to see you Saturday morning beginning at 8:00 am. Door prizes will be given away each day and the novelty shoot is a full sized LION! $5 for three shots and each score will give you a ticket for the drawing. Drawing will be held Saturday and Sunday.

Wayne Wilson
President, Tuscaloosa County Bowhunters
Member: Northport Lion’s Club

The following users say thank you to Wayne Wilson for this useful post:

Larry McAfee
June 23, 2016
7:31 am
Larry McAfee
Tuscaloosa/Northport, AL

Life Member

The Northport Lions Club Shoot is Saturday and Sunday!!!!
MANY DOOR PRIZES!!!!!
Come and help the Lions Club help folks with eye and health problems and have a GREAT DAY with us at the shoot.
No SOY points, No chances at ASA prizes……just a great event to HELP other people and enjoy the days with friends…and make NEW ones.Laugh

June 24, 2016
11:42 am
Tammy Murphy

Forum Posts: 36

We are all about going to any shoot especially if it’s raising money for a great cause but we are 4 hours drive away and are going to be back there the very next weekend as well so we have to consider all of these things. Especially when working overtime on Saturdays only leaves one day to be able to attend. Wish we could go both weeks.

June 24, 2016
3:27 pm
Chester Suttle

Life Member
Forum Posts: 161

Looks like Me and Johnny and Mike and Lance will be coming up early Saturday morning so look out folks I filling lucky this weekend just saying, and the good Lord willing we will return the next weekend as it will be counting for shooter of the year points so prizes one weekend and points the next, Lord I sure like shooting my bow. Hope there is some grilled hot dogs as I am on a hot kick the last few weeks just bum and Winnie especially if its a jumbo Winnie, hope to see a lot of BHA folks there I know some are gone to the ASA shoot that’s a lot farther than Tuscaloosa cost more to shoot and shoot the same kind of targets and same number of targets plus the expense of gas, hotel rooms and food and only people who get money is the top ten percent and everybody else pays for there weekend so I had rather support my local clubs. But to each his or her own.

The following users say thank you to Chester Suttle for this useful post:

Larry McAfee
June 24, 2016
3:35 pm
Chester Suttle

Life Member

Just looked that the calendar and it looks like most of us will be going north for the next five weeks have Bow will travel.

The following users say thank you to Chester Suttle for this useful post:

Larry McAfee
June 24, 2016
3:54 pm
Larry McAfee
Tuscaloosa/Northport, AL

Life Member

A few door prizes to wet your appetite…..New Breed bow (used Genetix), a black powder CVA 50 cal. rifle, two sets (6) of carbon arrows, a Buck knife AND MORE…
SHOOT THE LION SPOT and split the pot! $5/3arrows!!!!!!!
Come join is for some HOT COMPETITION!!!!! We have the water!

June 24, 2016
3:59 pm
Larry McAfee
Tuscaloosa/Northport, AL

Life Member

ALL YOU BARBOUR COUNTY SHOOTERS…..shoot with them one day and shoot Tuscaloosa a day….make it an ARCHERY WEEKEND!
Win some door prizes and support eyesight and health by supporting The Northport Lions Club!

June 25, 2016
4:14 pm
Chester Suttle

Life Member

Well we made the trip up to Tuscaloosa today and had a great time as always it was hot but we made the round without any of us passing out just sweated a lot but still had a good time, the hot dogs tasted great and that ice cold diet Pepsi hit the spot ,it refreshed me enough to shoot the loin shot novelty, they have some great door prizes and the course was shooter friendly. Looking forward to next weekend and another chance to shoot and see friends and enjoy a summer day in the heat shooting my bow, so if you didn’t make it up today you should go up tomorrow its worth the ride.

June 25, 2016
8:15 pm
msproctor

Life Member
Forum Posts: 265

Sandy and I have decided to come down EARLY in the morning. See you then.

Mark Proctor
Past BHA President 2011-2015
Lifemember #63

June 26, 2016
12:51 pm
Mike Honaker
Montgomery

Forum Posts: 475

Chester Suttle said
Well we made the trip up to Tuscaloosa today and had a great time as always it was hot but we made the round without any of us passing out just sweated a lot but still had a good time, the hot dogs tasted great and that ice cold diet Pepsi hit the spot ,it refreshed me enough to shoot the loin shot novelty, they have some great door prizes and the course was shooter friendly. Looking forward to next weekend and another chance to shoot and see friends and enjoy a summer day in the heat shooting my bow, so if you didn’t make it up today you should go up tomorrow its worth the ride.  

We had a good day yesterday. If not for the heat and Chester tearing up 1 arrow and 4 nocks……….O Well.
Good job Tusc bunch.

June 26, 2016
6:29 pm
Larry McAfee
Tuscaloosa/Northport, AL

Life Member

Thank you all for coming to the FIRST ANNUAL NORTHPORT LIONS CLUB SHOOT!!!!
It was a success despite the HEAT! Next year we will plan it have it in Feb. or March….it is such a good cause to start the New Year.
Thanks to all who provided the door prizes and to the sponsors that contributed to the Club to continue eyesight research, glasses, medical and health for so many people.
On a personal note: It was GREAT to see so many of my friends Saturday!!! Thank you for coming and I hope to see you at the Central Zone Championship and BOWMANIA!

The following users say thank you to Larry McAfee for this useful post:

msproctor
June 26, 2016
7:37 pm
Chester Suttle

Life Member

Hey mike it was,nt my arrow or knocks that got messed up I was the mess-ie I cant help it if you put your arrow in the spot I was shooting at and I only broke three of Johnny nocks. But I always have a good time shooing with my friends. and Thanks again to the Tuscaloosa club for putting on a good shoot ,how about turning on the air conditioning next week.

June 26, 2016
7:57 pm
Wayne Wilson

From the Northport Lion’s Club, thanks for all who participated in this weekend’s shoot. We had a great time and met many great archers. The weather was HOT but the new friends we made was really cool! Thanks again for supporting a worthy cause.

Prize winners are listed below and you can pick up your door prize at the Tuscaloosa County Bowhunter’s shoot next weekend, July 2 and 3rd at the Archery Park in Northport. We will be having a BHA Points shoot and will make the course a little more in line with BHA standards; still will be fun though. Hope to see you then.

Prize Winners:
Neal LaGrone, Glenn Plugge
Russell Crowe, William Adams
Eddie Peppers, Caroline McCreary
Jack Webb,, Miles Plugge
Danny Peppers, Gordon Highlander
Chester Suttles, Kenneth Grumels
Lance Patterson, James Long
Stanley Peppers, James Rich
Johnny Brown, Mark Proctor
Mike Honnaker, James Henderson
Andy Burke, Sandy Proctor
Elvis Pate
Mike Reese
Rodger Thomas

July 14, 2016
2:36 pm
James Rich

Forum Posts: 4

Wayne Wilson said
From the Northport Lion’s Club, thanks for all who participated in this weekend’s shoot. We had a great time and met many great archers. The weather was HOT but the new friends we made was really cool! Thanks again for supporting a worthy cause.

Prize winners are listed below and you can pick up your door prize at the Tuscaloosa County Bowhunter’s shoot next weekend, July 2 and 3rd at the Archery Park in Northport. We will be having a BHA Points shoot and will make the course a little more in line with BHA standards; still will be fun though. Hope to see you then.

Prize Winners:
Neal LaGrone, Glenn Plugge
Russell Crowe, William Adams
Eddie Peppers, Caroline McCreary
Jack Webb,, Miles Plugge
Danny Peppers, Gordon Highlander
Chester Suttles, Kenneth Grumels
Lance Patterson, James Long
Stanley Peppers, James Rich
Johnny Brown, Mark Proctor
Mike Honnaker, James Henderson
Andy Burke, Sandy Proctor
Elvis Pate
Mike Reese
Rodger Thomas  

Wayne, James Rich here. I just noticed that I am on your list of door prize winners from the Lions Club shoot. Since I didn’t get a phone call I didn’t think I was a winner. I was just wondering if you may still have the prize? If not I understand and if so maybe I can make arrangements to pick it up.
Thank you,
James

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 305
Currently Online: Jimmy Richardson
Guest(s) 7
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Larry McAfee: 758
Mike Crenshaw: 490
Mike Honaker: 475
Fatality: 415
headshot: 318
Kevin Ivey: 262
Hoytshooter: 258
Amanda Adams: 195
Larry Wood: 194
Scott Fletcher: 179
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 9
Members: 1109
Moderators: 4
Admins: 4
Forum Stats:
Groups: 10
Forums: 82
Topics: 2665
Newest Members:
Lisa Varnerbaby61295@yahoo.com, Devin Pool, Thomas Bronson, Christi Osborne, Wyatt Anderson, Matthew Connell, Nic Gillott, jason whisenant, Kevin Rackard, Tyler Schrack
Moderators: msproctor: 265, James Hornbuckle: 186, Sandra Patterson: 2, Connie Crews: 0
Administrators: BHA Webmaster: 217, Shane Bates: 99, Ginger Boland: 1, Jeff Boland: 3