2015 classes|3D Archery Talk|Forum|Bow Hunters of Alabama

A A A
Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
2015 classes
January 24, 2015
4:57 pm
Charles Smith

Forum Posts: 138
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Just trying to get idea on what class to shoot in. What do you think will be the most popular classes out there this year? what are your thoughts?

The following users say thank you to Charles Smith for this useful post:

Mike Honaker

Charles Smith-
VP Alexander City archery club

January 24, 2015
6:39 pm
Alan Rickles
Guests

I figure hunter the k 45 and 50 and the. Open a..b…and c will be the most crowded.bow novice will have a good turnout as well.if and when word gets out to the Asa clubs around we may get some more shooters showing up and that may get some of the other classes to fill up.

The following users say thank you to Alan Rickles for this useful post:

Charles Smith, Mike Honaker
January 24, 2015
7:33 pm
Mike Honaker
Montgomery

Forum Posts: 475

Charles Smith said

Just trying to get idea on what class to shoot in. What do you think will be the most popular classes out there this year? what are your thoughts?

That has been the million dollar question so far.
I want to shoot in the class with the most shooters. At the end of the year last year k40 was a good class. It is the biggest class next followed by k45 in ASA.
K40 /open C or K45 for me.
Lets keep this going.

The following users say thank you to Mike Honaker for this useful post:

Charles Smith
January 24, 2015
8:07 pm
Amanda Adams

Forum Posts: 195

I will be in open B Smile
Hopefully after our first shoot Feb 7 & 8 everyone can get an idea what’s going to be popular.

The following users say thank you to Amanda Adams for this useful post:

Get Serious. Get Hoyt.
January 24, 2015
8:49 pm
Johnny Brown

Forum Posts: 8

I think I’ll start in the hunter class. This is all new to me, and its confusing. Personally I think there are too many classes for bha. ASA has a lot more shooters and can fill all the classes, but that’s neither here nor there, just my opinion. Hunter class is probably a good place to start and observe and see where the big boys (like Honaker) are shooting and decide from there.

The following users say thank you to Johnny Brown for this useful post:

January 25, 2015
9:46 am
Larry McAfee
Tuscaloosa/Northport, AL

Life Member
Forum Posts: 758

I think people will gravitate to a class where they can compete with friends and the classes will work themselves out…

January 26, 2015
10:53 am
Lance Patterson

Forum Posts: 65

Not that difficult for me. I will only shoot as good as I will shoot. The class doesn’t hurt me unless I let it. It’s all in the mind and then it becomes an excuse. My point is find where you are comfortable. Who cares if you shoot 4 or 5 different classes of various yardage to find where you fit in. I personally don’t care if there are 100 classes . It’s not a big deal if 1 person, 300 people or no one shoots a particular class. What if restaurants worked that way? You would only have a couple of things to choose from. Yeah you may be able to remember the menu easier. I’ve only been around a short while but it seems to me that gearing your “business” toward the most customers makes sense. Seems like some have “identity crisis” between BHA and ASA. Maybe the changes won’t get more folks to join BHA or come to club shoots. Then change it until we find what does make more people join and turn out. We may find that it doesn’t matter what we do and that other factors have a role (which is my belief).

The following users say thank you to Lance Patterson for this useful post:

Mike Honaker, Maxie Kizzire~~Life Member # 130
January 26, 2015
5:13 pm
Mike Honaker
Montgomery

Forum Posts: 475

Lance Patterson said

Not that difficult for me. I will only shoot as good as I will shoot. The class doesn’t hurt me unless I let it. It’s all in the mind and then it becomes an excuse. My point is find where you are comfortable. Who cares if you shoot 4 or 5 different classes of various yardage to find where you fit in. I personally don’t care if there are 100 classes . It’s not a big deal if 1 person, 300 people or no one shoots a particular class. What if restaurants worked that way? You would only have a couple of things to choose from. Yeah you may be able to remember the menu easier. I’ve only been around a short while but it seems to me that gearing your “business” toward the most customers makes sense. Seems like some have “identity crisis” between BHA and ASA. Maybe the changes won’t get more folks to join BHA or come to club shoots. Then change it until we find what does make more people join and turn out. We may find that it doesn’t matter what we do and that other factors have a role (which is my belief).

That is deep.

The following users say thank you to Mike Honaker for this useful post:

Casey Milby
January 26, 2015
5:47 pm
Fatality

Life Member
Forum Posts: 415

Lance Patterson said

Good points Lance

January 27, 2015
7:14 am
Maxie Kizzire~~Life Member # 130

Forum Posts: 88

Lance Patterson said

I think that Lance may be smarter than the rest of you guys. haha

Life Member #130

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 305
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 5
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Larry McAfee: 758
Mike Crenshaw: 490
Mike Honaker: 475
Fatality: 415
headshot: 318
Kevin Ivey: 262
Hoytshooter: 258
Amanda Adams: 195
Larry Wood: 194
Scott Fletcher: 179
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 9
Members: 1112
Moderators: 4
Admins: 4
Forum Stats:
Groups: 10
Forums: 82
Topics: 2666
Newest Members:
Stephen Hilson, Megan Rackard, Stephen Hopkins, Lisa Varnerbaby61295@yahoo.com, Devin Pool, Thomas Bronson, Christi Osborne, Wyatt Anderson, Matthew Connell, Nic Gillott
Moderators: msproctor: 265, James Hornbuckle: 186, Sandra Patterson: 2, Connie Crews: 0
Administrators: BHA Webmaster: 217, Shane Bates: 99, Ginger Boland: 1, Jeff Boland: 3