Attention: NZ Shooter of the Year Addendum for 2013|3D Archery Talk|Forum|Bow Hunters of Alabama

A A A
Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
Attention: NZ Shooter of the Year Addendum for 2013
March 12, 2013
5:34 pm

Forum Posts: 124
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Due to this past weekend conflict of Cullman County Bowhunters and the Alabama ASA ProAM, we have decided to give one drop tournament where we had voted that all SOY participants must attend at least one of each of the NZ chapters shoots in order to be qualified for shooter of the Year. In order to be fair, this drop is straight across the board, not just Cullmans Shoot. This appears to be the only fair way to handle this situation and we can revisit this for the 2014 3D season.

Unfortunately, this conflict of dates was unforseen and this was the only solution to saving the SOY program for 2013. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Clete Blankenship – NZ Director 256.318.9006 cell – 256.353.5490 office
bclete@charter.net

Morgan County Archery Association Member

"Worry only about the things you can change and throw all others to the wayside!"

March 12, 2013
9:16 pm
Kevin Ivey

Life Member
Forum Posts: 262

I applaud that decision! SOY was set in place to promote and reward participation! Sometimes there are conflicts that can’t be foreseen, nor avoided. I personally would have loved to have participated at Cullman this past weekend, but the logistics of doing the ASA & Cullman simply were impossible, as I’m certain it was for many! Under the circumstances that were in place this weekend, and in being FAIR to those who are truly deserving, I agree with the decision totally!

Kevin Ivey
President
Marshall County Bowhunters
Life Member #133

March 12, 2013
9:53 pm

Forum Posts: 124

after speaking with several members this evening. the overall concensus would be to just drop cullman. we as the nz voted that in order to support all the nz chapters we need to attend at least one of each chapters 2 shoots to qualify for SOY. this weekends conflict was unforseen and by having a across the board drop could hurt the chapter farthest away. SOY is most definitely a “earned” title and we as BHA want to keep it in place for 2013 and years to come. it is always good to get others perspective on the subject. At the time this decision was made we tried to look at the best way to salvage an otherwise bad situation. Rules are put in place for the betterment of all but sometimes circumstances dictate decision must be made sooner than later. i applaud those who have taken time to contact me with their solutions to this problem. this truly shows that we as BHA members try to work toward a common goal as a group. Thanks again for your support and ideas in this situation.

Morgan County Archery Association Member

"Worry only about the things you can change and throw all others to the wayside!"

March 13, 2013
7:52 am
headshot

Forum Posts: 318

Kevin Ivey said

I applaud that decision! SOY was set in place to promote and reward participation! Sometimes there are conflicts that can’t be foreseen, nor avoided. I personally would have loved to have participated at Cullman this past weekend, but the logistics of doing the ASA & Cullman simply were impossible, as I’m certain it was for many! Under the circumstances that were in place this weekend, and in being FAIR to those who are truly deserving, I agree with the decision totally!

X2
Not having the shooter of the year program would have a great effect on the turnout for all clubs for the rest of the season, and that is not an option! Clete and i tryied our best to come up with several ways this weekend to salvage the SOY program it looks like this will be the best solution.
Scottie

March 13, 2013
10:57 am
Charles Gray
hokes bluff

Forum Posts: 38

me and patrick talked to the old nzd about this problem in jan 2013.. he told us that it was set in stone choose bha r asa…..since we couldnt be at two places at once we went with asa but if it had been done before the season started patrick would have been at all bha shoots. i think change is okay but for the ones who went with asa because it wasnt going to be changed is out of of luck. to me somethings are changed for the good but some do things to hurt others. good choice….i think

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 305
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 7
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Larry McAfee: 758
Mike Crenshaw: 490
Mike Honaker: 475
Fatality: 415
headshot: 318
Kevin Ivey: 262
Hoytshooter: 258
Amanda Adams: 195
Larry Wood: 194
Scott Fletcher: 179
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 9
Members: 1109
Moderators: 4
Admins: 4
Forum Stats:
Groups: 10
Forums: 82
Topics: 2665
Newest Members:
Lisa Varnerbaby61295@yahoo.com, Devin Pool, Thomas Bronson, Christi Osborne, Wyatt Anderson, Matthew Connell, Nic Gillott, jason whisenant, Kevin Rackard, Tyler Schrack
Moderators: msproctor: 265, James Hornbuckle: 186, Sandra Patterson: 2, Connie Crews: 0
Administrators: BHA Webmaster: 217, Shane Bates: 99, Ginger Boland: 1, Jeff Boland: 3