2014 Chapter Officers and Shoot Dates|CHAPTERS|Forum|Bow Hunters of Alabama

A A A
Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
2014 Chapter Officers and Shoot Dates
September 11, 2013
8:34 am
Guests

As a new year is upon us I know some Chapters will be changing officers and shoot dates will be set for the upcoming 3D season. I ask that ALL Chapters email me an updated list of officers as their meetings are held. I will need the following information:
Officer Name and Title (every officer for the Chapter)
Phone Number
Email Address
This information will let me update the Chapter spreadsheet that I try to keep every year.
Also, Chapters must send their liability insurance certificate to their respective Zone Directors BEFORE the start of the season. Zone Directors will then send all certificates to me for filing.

As far as shoot dates, as I am the official keeper of the calendar on the website, anything that needs to be posted needs to be emailed to me at bowhuntersofalabama@gmail.com. This is for all shoots that you would like on the calendar and includes all charity shoots or fun shoots that you may schedule.

As always, I am here to help in anyway I can. Let me know if you have questions. I can also be reached by my cell but just be aware if I am at work I may not be able to answer but will call you back if you leave a message.

Thanks to all of our 2013 Chapter Officers and the work and dedication that they gave to this organization and I look forward to working with everyone in 2014.

The following users say thank you to Guest for this useful post:

Mike Crenshaw
September 11, 2013
5:11 pm
Admin
Forum Posts: 217
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Also, if you will prepare a flyer to go along with each shoot event send it to Charmen also….when the viewer clicks on the shoot date on the CALENDAR then the flyer will pop up with a full page of info instead of just a line or two of info. Also, you can post the flyer on BHA’s facebook and all of the fans can see any upcoming shoots. FB loves jpeg files better than pdf files. We do to. If you need help in preparing flyer or getting it into a jpeg file let me know. they are a great way of promoting your shoot. try to make your flyer 8 1/2 x 11 72 dpi jpg file.

Glenn

The following users say thank you to BHA Webmaster for this useful post:

Mike Crenshaw

BHA Webmaster

September 12, 2013
4:38 pm
Guests

Great idea Glenn. BTW I still can’t post to the FB page. There is no option.

Also, please check the directions to your range on the Chapter link at the top. There were a lot of chapters that were incomplete from this past season. Those will need to be sent to Glenn as I don’t know how to update that section. Let me know if you have any questions and if you want to include everything in one email to me, I will be happy to forward to Glenn.

Mike Crenshaw
September 13, 2013
12:40 am
Admin
Forum Posts: 217

Not sure what to tell you on FB….many people have posted on it…i don’t have any restrictions set.

The following users say thank you to BHA Webmaster for this useful post:

Mike Crenshaw

BHA Webmaster

September 13, 2013
1:54 pm
Guests

Finally got into FB. Must have been an update issue.

Thanks

Mike Crenshaw
September 30, 2013
10:12 am
Guests

Charmen McAlpine said

As a new year is upon us I know some Chapters will be changing officers and shoot dates will be set for the upcoming 3D season. I ask that ALL Chapters email me an updated list of officers as their meetings are held. I will need the following information:
Officer Name and Title (every officer for the Chapter)
Phone Number
Email Address
This information will let me update the Chapter spreadsheet that I try to keep every year.
Also, Chapters must send their liability insurance certificate to their respective Zone Directors BEFORE the start of the season. Zone Directors will then send all certificates to me for filing.

As far as shoot dates, as I am the official keeper of the calendar on the website, anything that needs to be posted needs to be emailed to me at bowhuntersofalabama@gmail.com. This is for all shoots that you would like on the calendar and includes all charity shoots or fun shoots that you may schedule.

As always, I am here to help in anyway I can. Let me know if you have questions. I can also be reached by my cell but just be aware if I am at work I may not be able to answer but will call you back if you leave a message.

Thanks to all of our 2013 Chapter Officers and the work and dedication that they gave to this organization and I look forward to working with everyone in 2014.

Not receiving responses from Chapters or Zone Directors. I have officers for 1 Chapter for next year. Now I know a lot of you haven’t had your elections yet and that is fine. Just don’t forget to send them when you do. BUT I do see where the zones have set dates for next year and I haven’t heard anything from that yet. I also see several Charity Shoots / Fun Shoots that are happening and have not received emails with info so they can be posted to the calendar.

Guys/Gals,
The calendar is the best form of advertisement to get shooters to your shoots. The more information I have, the more I can post, the more response you will get.

Just a suggestion.

November 13, 2013
10:09 am
Guests

ttt

Mike Crenshaw
November 15, 2013
10:00 am
Larry McAfee
Tuscaloosa/Northport, AL

Life Member
Forum Posts: 758

Just to respond, Charmen…The Tuscaloosa County Bowhunters will meet the first of the year for our elections. We will send info after the meeting.
Thanks.

The following users say thank you to Larry McAfee for this useful post:

Mike Crenshaw
November 18, 2013
11:29 am
Guests

Thanks Larry.

Mike Crenshaw
November 18, 2013
1:24 pm
Greg Shehan
Guests

We will be doing the same in Monroe County. I hope everyone is having a great bow season.

The following users say thank you to Greg Shehan for this useful post:

Mike Crenshaw
November 19, 2013
9:05 am
Guests

Thanks Greg!

Mike Crenshaw
November 19, 2013
2:10 pm
Moose24
Guests

Shelby County will elect new officers in January.

The following users say thank you to Moose24 for this useful post:

Mike Crenshaw
November 22, 2013
9:24 am
Guests

Thanks Kenny.

I assume a lot of chapters will be electing officers after the first of the year but wanted to keep this on everyone’s mind. Especially the shoot dates for next year. I need to get the calendar updated with all of the dates and will be working on it over the next couple of weeks.

Mike Crenshaw
January 1, 2014
12:35 am
Mike Crenshaw
110 pintlalla place, new market, al 35761

Forum Posts: 490

Glenn, i have micro soft office professional, so i don’t care what format i get so, can i get a copy of the 2014 year for north zone, esp Madison co? please sir ?e-mail:mikecrenshaw611@yahoo.com
Thanks Mike Crenshaw:)

MIKE CRENSHAW RETIRED oif veteran Bear Attitude r t h MY CHAIN OF COMMAND1GOD/2 FAMILY/3 HUNTING IN THAT ORDER.my cell phone is 256-698-1606

January 3, 2014
2:50 pm
Mike Crenshaw

this morninig i was looking on ALDEER FORUM, and found where bill collecter had posted the date on al deer, i am sure to get people to come to the shoots, i was glad to find it since i had no clue to the shoots on 2014 north zone

MIKE CRENSHAW RETIRED oif veteran Bear Attitude r t h MY CHAIN OF COMMAND1GOD/2 FAMILY/3 HUNTING IN THAT ORDER.my cell phone is 256-698-1606

January 3, 2014
3:01 pm
Mike Crenshaw

see ya’ll on thefeb. 8th &9th madison co. shoot. :)

January 3, 2014
3:04 pm
Mike Crenshaw

i used pdf printer995 to change the word doc to a pdf file. :)

January 3, 2014
4:18 pm
Mike Crenshaw

if I have out stepped my bounds I am sorry, I could not find the shoot dates for this year so I found them on another forum

January 27, 2014
8:00 am
Guests

All shoot dates should now be posted on the calendar tab at the top of the page. Please let me know if there are any corrections.

Also, still not receiving many responses from Chapters about the Officers for 2014. Please get this info to me as soon as possible.

Thanks

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 305
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 7
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Larry McAfee: 758
Mike Crenshaw: 490
Mike Honaker: 475
Fatality: 415
headshot: 318
Kevin Ivey: 262
Hoytshooter: 258
Amanda Adams: 195
Larry Wood: 194
Scott Fletcher: 179
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 9
Members: 1111
Moderators: 4
Admins: 4
Forum Stats:
Groups: 10
Forums: 82
Topics: 2666
Newest Members:
Megan Rackard, Stephen Hopkins, Lisa Varnerbaby61295@yahoo.com, Devin Pool, Thomas Bronson, Christi Osborne, Wyatt Anderson, Matthew Connell, Nic Gillott, jason whisenant
Moderators: msproctor: 265, James Hornbuckle: 186, Sandra Patterson: 2, Connie Crews: 0
Administrators: BHA Webmaster: 217, Shane Bates: 99, Ginger Boland: 1, Jeff Boland: 3