Rules can change August 2013 or 2014?|Discussion Items|Forum|Bow Hunters of Alabama

A A A
Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
Rules can change August 2013 or 2014?
March 14, 2013
9:22 pm
Moose24
Guests

According to the 2010 minutes posted on this website, in particular the following paragraph. The 3 year lock started at the August 2011 meeting and thus they cannot be changed until August 2014. Correct?

=======================================================================
Constitution and By-laws – Randy brought up the proposed changes to the Constitution and
Bylaws. Randy summarized the proposal, but he did not re-read as they have been posted on the
website for 2 months. The proposed rules as voted on today will be in effect, except for the
Tournament Rules, the coming year starting February 1, 2011. The Tournament Rules would
take effect for a 3 year period, because rules were being changed so often. The committee will
work on the rules for a year, and the new rules would be voted on next year for the following 3
years. Questions and comments were requested from the floor.

March 14, 2013
9:32 pm
Fatality

Life Member
Forum Posts: 415
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Correct. That’s how I read the 3 year rule.

March 15, 2013
8:51 am
Leldon Futral

Forum Posts: 100

There is no such thing as a three year lock that can not be repealed in the bylaws. If that was the case you could fix it where they could never be changed. That is not reasonable and it can be repealed at any time if it is done properly. Any organization can change a bylaw the same way the group that voted on the three year proposal implemented their rule! It might take you two years to change it but it can be changed. All you have to do is bring it up and vote on it the same way the bylaws were changed before.

March 15, 2013
2:25 pm
Leldon Futral

Any proposed amendments to this Constitution and/or by-laws must be submitted in writing by a General Board member at any Board Meeting. The proposal will be discussed and then tabled. It will be raised at the BHA State Convention and voted upon at that meeting. Amendments will be passed by a 2/3-majority vote of General Board members in good standing at that meeting.

The tournament rules can be repealed by submitting it in writing by a board member. It could be discussed tabled until the Sate Convention.At the State Convention it could be repealed and it is gone. The whole clause could be repealed and reinstated with a new that allowed whatever the majority wanted.It is that simple . The votes just have to be there to have it done.

April 2, 2013
8:39 pm
Fred
Rainbow City

Life Member
Forum Posts: 29

Sorry Leldon,But Moose is right .It had a 3 year lock put on it .But your right about any other proposed amendments .

April 3, 2013
10:51 am
Leldon Futral

You did not get my point. It might take you two years to change but you can not put in a three year lock. What if the next group put a fifty year lock? Any by law can be changed with the proper channel.

April 3, 2013
1:30 pm
Elk Hunter

Life Member
Forum Posts: 143

Leldon Futral said

Any proposed amendments to this Constitution and/or by-laws must be submitted in writing by a General Board member at any Board Meeting. The proposal will be discussed and then tabled. It will be raised at the BHA State Convention and voted upon at that meeting. Amendments will be passed by a 2/3-majority vote of General Board members in good standing at that meeting.

The tournament rules can be repealed by submitting it in writing by a board member. It could be discussed tabled until the Sate Convention.At the State Convention it could be repealed and it is gone. The whole clause could be repealed and reinstated with a new that allowed whatever the majority wanted.It is that simple . The votes just have to be there to have it done.

Correct. Basically, you are amending the by-laws through the proper channels.

April 3, 2013
3:02 pm
Leldon Futral

The post I put in came straight out of the bylaws. The three year lock was put in by changing a Bylaw. You just have to go through the same procedure that it was change in the first changing of a bylaw. The thing is does everyone understand the procedures and are there enough votes to change the bylaw that we have in place now. If you have enough people that want it changed; it can be changed with the procedure I posted before. I do not believe there is another regular meeting before the state convention. If there were another meeting ; It could be discussed tabled and with enough votes the bylaw could be changed this year.

April 3, 2013
3:04 pm
Moose24
Guests

The next Board meeting is May 18th in Clanton.

April 3, 2013
3:24 pm
Larry McAfee
Tuscaloosa/Northport, AL

Life Member
Forum Posts: 758

Oh, my…If we could only have this much discusion about bowhunting…..Cool

April 3, 2013
5:47 pm
msproctor

Life Member
Forum Posts: 265

2014 is, at it stands now the year for the end of the 3-year rule. However, a motion could be made in May to appeal the by-law in August.

Mark Proctor
Past BHA President 2011-2015
Lifemember #63

April 4, 2013
8:40 am
Jeremy Justus

Forum Posts: 33

I truely belive if we can get some of these rules changed that we have talked about here it would increase our membership interest. We are a bow hunting organazation and i think some of ours rules are excluding what has become standard bow hunting equiment. And im talking about the faster bows here !

June 21, 2013
9:22 pm
Bobby Ingram

Life Member
Forum Posts: 37

So Feb. 2011 would be the first year. 1 year
Feb. 2012 2nd year 2 years
Feb. 2013 3rd year. as I see it. 3 years Aug. 2013

As it reads to me 2013 Aug board meeting is the end of the 3rd year, Feb. 2014 would be 4th year.

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 305
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 8
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Larry McAfee: 758
Mike Crenshaw: 490
Mike Honaker: 475
Fatality: 415
headshot: 318
Kevin Ivey: 262
Hoytshooter: 258
Amanda Adams: 195
Larry Wood: 194
Scott Fletcher: 179
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 9
Members: 1111
Moderators: 4
Admins: 4
Forum Stats:
Groups: 10
Forums: 82
Topics: 2666
Newest Members:
Megan Rackard, Stephen Hopkins, Lisa Varnerbaby61295@yahoo.com, Devin Pool, Thomas Bronson, Christi Osborne, Wyatt Anderson, Matthew Connell, Nic Gillott, jason whisenant
Moderators: msproctor: 265, James Hornbuckle: 186, Sandra Patterson: 2, Connie Crews: 0
Administrators: BHA Webmaster: 217, Shane Bates: 99, Ginger Boland: 1, Jeff Boland: 3