AAR: BHA State Board Meeting 02/2018|General Discussions|Forum|Bow Hunters of Alabama

A A A
Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
AAR: BHA State Board Meeting 02/2018
February 17, 2018
10:08 pm
RobertM
Danville, AL

Life Member
Forum Posts: 104
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

This was the first BHA State Board meeting I have attended in about 10 years. I had ask on this forum a month or so ago what 5 things BHA as a organization wanted to accomplish. I didn’t get many replies, so I didn’t know what to expect at the Board meeting.

I was glad to see some fellow brothers and sisters in Archery that I haven’t seen in far to long. And glad to see new energetic blood pumping through BHA. But what about the leadership of BHA on the State level?

Well let me tell you, I was throughly impressed with President – Walt Pittman, Vice President – William Chapman, Secretary – Sabrina Chapman, and certainly not least Treasurer – Chris Vainrib. Folks, they are on point with moving BHA ahead and taking our organization to the next level that is long over due. Chris Vainrib presented a financial report that any Fortune 500 company would hav approved of. The whole Executive Board treated everyone in attendance with dignity and respect. Awesome job.

James Hornbuckle, brother, great job submitting the sponsorship proposal. I proposed something very similar to yours many years ago only to have the Board get wrapped around the axial on unassociated things. Great job.

But one thing still hasn’t changed, which is what I call the the “10% Rule”. The 10% Rule is that 10% of the members do 95% of the work. I totally understand that folks have family, health, and work reasons why they couldn’t be a the meeting today. But I find it hard to believe that someone in the chapter couldn’t find time to attend the Board meeting. Anyone from the chapter can represent the local chapter. I would hope that every chapter in BHA would strive to have a representative at the May meeting.

Mr. Pittman, Mr. Chapman, Mrs. Chapman, Mr. Vainrib, I will be at the Buckmasters Expo from Thursday to Sunday shooting the Top Bow Indoor World Championship so when I’m not laying the smackdown on the popup targets, I volunteer to help y’all out in anyway I can.

Brothers and Sisters of BHA, WE need to join together with the BHA leadership and make 2018 the best year BHA has ever seen

See y’all on the range.

The following users say thank you to RobertM for this useful post:

Larry McAfee, headshot
February 18, 2018
1:33 pm
Guests

Thank you so much for your sweet post! We really want to move BHA to the next level like you said. With everyones help we hope we do just that. I think the meeting went really well , we are excited for this year’s season. We always can use help and very much appreciate it, so we wish you the best of luck at BuckMasters and look forward to seeing you there! Thank you again and have a blessed day!

February 18, 2018
6:43 pm
James Vainrib

Forum Posts: 30

Robert,

First of all, thank you for attending the meeting. It is always great to meet new people and to reconnect with old friends. Your thoughts are very much appreciated. Thank you very much. We will continue to work hard for the BHA as an Executive Board, but as we stated yesterday, I will take all of us.

We are all encouraged and excited about 2018. We definitely have a lot going on and will need a lot of help. The Executive Board was very thankful for all of the members that showed up yesterday and participated in the meeting. We look forward to catching up with those that could not attend very soon. We are always here to help in any way we can. Have a blessed week and we look forward to seeing you on the range and at the meeting in May.

All the Best,

Chris Vainrib
treasurer.bowuntersalabama@gmail.com

February 19, 2018
1:30 am
Larry McAfee
Tuscaloosa/Northport, AL

Life Member
Forum Posts: 758

Robert- Great to see you, ol’ friend!!
Great post. I hope to continue helping BHA grow. Great ideas and energy at the meeting.
Volunteers are the backbone of BHA. You are absolutely right about the “10% Rule”. Members need to step up and move BHA forward!!

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 305
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 21
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Larry McAfee: 758
Mike Crenshaw: 490
Mike Honaker: 475
Fatality: 415
headshot: 318
Kevin Ivey: 262
Hoytshooter: 258
Amanda Adams: 195
Larry Wood: 194
Scott Fletcher: 179
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 9
Members: 1112
Moderators: 4
Admins: 4
Forum Stats:
Groups: 10
Forums: 82
Topics: 2667
Newest Members:
Stephen Hilson, Megan Rackard, Stephen Hopkins, Lisa Varnerbaby61295@yahoo.com, Devin Pool, Thomas Bronson, Christi Osborne, Wyatt Anderson, Matthew Connell, Nic Gillott
Moderators: msproctor: 265, James Hornbuckle: 186, Sandra Patterson: 3, Connie Crews: 0
Administrators: BHA Webmaster: 217, Shane Bates: 99, Ginger Boland: 1, Jeff Boland: 3